Getting old

At home my mrs gets right on my tits at times, every time I sit down during the day she walks past and makes little huffing noises… it’s as if I’m not allowed to sit down at all and should be constantly doing something.. caused me end of arguments here… now every time she huffs I make a point of kicking my shoes off and lying on the sofa staring at the tv

The trick is to “ look “ busy and to always “ have a job on the go “.

I always have a window that needs painting, or a gutter that needs clearing out etc.

Luckily mine isn't too bothered when I just fancy a bit of telly or PlayStation. (yes, even at 50)

I pull my weight when needed around the place and I never grumble when she does her own thing.

A peaceful coexistence with your partner is essential.
I pull my weight to be fair when I’m home. I do all the shopping, all the cooking, I do the washing and ironing too… only thing I don’t do really is walk the dog .. i didn’t want a dog but her and my daughter went out one day and came back with it.. told them both there and then I won’t walk it or pick up after it.. it’s not my dog ?‍♂️, quite easy going to be fair too , if she wants to go anywhere or do anything then I have no problem with that either .. to be honest if she left for good I probably wouldn’t notice for a few weeks

Last edited:

Played a lot of footy,table tennis both to a decent standard,golf too although I probably am the worlds worst?all through my life up to my early forties then stopped as it was knackering me!!then when I hit fifty started thinking the wheels were coming off!!two hernias,a really dodgy left knee and lovely tinnitus(oh I now have a deaf aid)?still occasionally play golf,but need a buggy these days,and will be playing foot golf end of the month for my birthday,never thought I’d be in this shape when I was in my twenties/thirties,woe is me eh?then you see people with real/proper problems or issues and i
give myself a reality check,stop moaning and realise how lucky I actually am!!!

I found myself single 5 years ago at the age of 57 and realise I'm not gonna find anyone now as after 55 you invisible to the opposite sex. Find it quite liberating that I not got to try and impress anyone. I got full control of the remote, the toilet seats down all the time and can walk round in my granny pants and not shave my legs for weeks lol

Nigella Lawson is 62, no excuse ;)

I found myself single 5 years ago at the age of 57 and realise I'm not gonna find anyone now as after 55 you invisible to the opposite sex. Find it quite liberating that I not got to try and impress anyone. I got full control of the remote, the toilet seats down all the time and can walk round in my granny pants and not shave my legs for weeks lol

I found myself single at 57 as well. Well, 56 actually. And the thought of trawling the dating scene holds no appeal to me. Like many, I dipped my toe in the online stuff, and backed away pretty quick. I get the liberating thing though. My view is quite simple. I am alone, but I am not lonely.

Works for me.

If I meet someone by chance, fine. But aint looking to dig one up, so to speak.

Same here, me and the missus are miles apart, she does the things she likes and I do the same and whilst I cant speak for her, it works out great for us.
We do a lot together but equally we enjoy doing our own thing. It’s good to have mutual interests but also the opportunity to individually do what we like.

Jealousy is the most pointless feeling in the world. Also, the best thing we did was set up a mine and hers living rooms: no arguments over TV.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back