Getting old

Along with the previously mentioned aches/pains and unwelcome additions to the body it is that I now am making the same utterances that I laughed at my mother for making eg ”she’ll catch her death in that on a cold night like this” when see someone dressed up for a night out lol
I do that too. My kids roll their eyes and say "Alright Grandma"

Along with the previously mentioned aches/pains and unwelcome additions to the body it is that I now am making the same utterances that I laughed at my mother for making eg ”she’ll catch her death in that on a cold night like this” when see someone dressed up for a night out lol
Taking your point slightly off on a tangent, you'd see the girls walking around town in weather that was actually freezing with hardly anything on.

How people didn't get hyperthermia is beyond me; I walked home once down Park Road to Aigburth Road in the snow in a shirt and pants - felt like I'd died.

Now, I take a coat whereever I go.

5-6 pints is a much as I can do these days, unless I want to feel like I’ve been dug up the next day. Can’t actually bare hangovers.
I find it's the speed at which I drink that impacts me the most. As long as I've ate beforehand, I can comfortably drink six or seven pints over a good few hours.

Last night, I had three pints in less than an hour and I woke up with a sore head. The ol' days of necking pints is way beyond me.

Taking your point slightly off on a tangent, you'd see the girls walking around town in weather that was actually freezing with hardly anything on.

How people didn't get hyperthermia is beyond me; I walked home once down Park Road to Aigburth Road in the snow in a shirt and pants - felt like I'd died.

Now, I take a coat whereever I go.
Especially since most of us had considerably less err insulation that we currently have!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back