Getting old

Walking into a room and forgetting why I went there. Realising my boss was born in 1983. Dodgy knees. Pre Covid in the office being looked upon as the "work Mam" by the younger ones. Wearing, and frequently losing, reading glasses.

However, like others have said, I've seen Everton win stuff. My 1980s young free and single social life was an absolute blast. Wouldn't have it any other way - and in my head I'm still 19.

My best mate had a habit of going home with the fattest thing that would be out on the night. Wish i actually coulda taken pictures of him with them to remind him on a daily basis lol
I had a similar mate and his motto was 'go early, go fat'. He'd disappear early on a night out for a few hours and come back looking like a Cheshire cat.

One of his greatest accomplishments is getting off with a girl with one arm.

Its the randomness of the days that gets to me. Some days I awake and I feel fine and energetic. Other days I awake and feel/look like I've been exhumed. You just can't rely on your body. Just this week I stretched to reach something behind the hifi. As I pushed a leg back for balance I felt a tear in the skin layers of my heel (I think this is called bursitis... I've had it before elsewhere) ... really searing pain out of nowhere that clears up quickly, but then will remind me of the exquisite transient pain evert time I make a similar movement for the next 6 months.

Bounce-back-ability.
Once in the long long ago could drink enough to sink the Bismark and bounce out of bed the following morning for a bit of brekky and do it all over again.
A full on Stallion.
Now, the pain lingers like a fart in a car, muscles actively work against, joints locked, head thumping, the sweats.
Will have to follow the example of the geriatric trend setters and go about my business with whisky and bourbons and brandy and the like.
Also the bladder, its got smaller and less strong as I've needed it more. One of lifes many little ironys.
This. I had forgotten that any hangover now seems to last about three days.
Also the bladder. 3.10 am. Every bloody night!

I had a similar mate and his motto was 'go early, go fat'. He'd disappear early on a night out for a few hours and come back looking like a Cheshire cat.

One of his greatest accomplishments is getting off with a girl with one arm.

Did your mate have low esteem issues?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back