Getting old

I honestly cant remember the last time I stayed up as "late" as that. Mind you, for 6 years I was delivering parcels, so the body get used to needing to be up early, and bright.
My wife constantly moans that come a Friday evening I'm often dozing off on the couch by about 9pm although if I go the pub I can somehow push on.

He very obviously frequented the Cabin lol
The Cabin, The Raz, The Grafton and pretty much any dive on Matthew Street. In the modern world, he'd definitely be all over social media.

He once got locked up on a night out in St Helens and somehow pulled when let out at 7am in the morning by the time he reached North Road.*

*It's about 200 yards at most from the nick.

Time and motion Joey.

Waste your whole night Spend getting knocked back or Go Ugly Early.

The Cabin club / the Razz / the Grafton / the Montrose and Mr Pickwicks, where the happy hunting grounds.
Let's be honest, if all you want is your whistle wet then why not take the plunge and go in early. A few hours later, after a shedfull, a three would look way better.

By then, it may have been too late.

When me and Nikki met, my eldest was 6. When he turned 28, he was 4 years younger than Nikki was, when we met. As in, he is now in the same generation that me and her were, when we met.
It took a bit of time, but I think I got there in the end ;)

Several people have mentioned hairs turning up in random places e.g. earlobes, etc.
The thing about these hairs is that they just seem to sprout overnight. They appear from nowhere when they are at least 1/2 inch in length.

I had my first white collar boxing match aged 45 and another aged 46.

Put myself through months of hard training and was in fantastic shape, probably fitter than when I used to play football Saturdays and Sundays in my 20’s and 30’s. This photo shows how good shape I was in.

I just like to tick over now but I still reckon I could get myself in decent shape again if I really had the desire.

I believe if you think you can, you can, need luck and health permitting of course.

That said, I still doze off quite easily these days, but I have a 12 year old daughter who keeps me thinking young.
D4F5D542-5D27-4F33-A8C9-3E80F2D7B2F0.webp

I had a similar mate and his motto was 'go early, go fat'. He'd disappear early on a night out for a few hours and come back looking like a Cheshire cat.

One of his greatest accomplishments is getting off with a girl with one arm.
Can remember 1 night we were at a party when we were about 21 and this good sort was flirting big time with my mate and it was like he had no idea what to do next, anyway she got bored of him basically ignoring her and moved on to someone else. Bout half an hour later i walk behind the shed for a piss and there he is going at it with some gigantic bird. Still ridicule him to this day over that one.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back