Ghosts / Paranormal

Do you believe in ghosts? The Truth Is Out There

• Yes

• No

• Cheese on Ghost

Results are only viewable after voting.
The more I have been absorbed by spiritualism the more I have come to the realisation that there are things about the universe to which we are not meant to understand.

Our brains can simply not comprehend how all of this came to be and to what the universe is at its core. We weren't meant to know either. Life was much more enjoyable when man worshipped the sun and did not fear death.

Now man worships false idols and fears eternal nothingness.

“The more I have been absorbed by spiritualism the more I have come to the realisation”

This reminds me of a thought I have about my own beliefs. I used to tell everyone who’d listen I was atheist, I was 110% convinced. After some time I realised the way I thought was as narrow minded as those who were 110% sure in the existence of God, Allah, Vishnu, Odin, Buddha.

The only truth is that I don’t know, nobody does. All the atheists, all the religions and everyone in between could be right. I choose to believe that any god that created everything in existence wouldn’t care one jot about some monkeys on a blue dot in the middle of nowhere. Anyone of those gods might not even be sentient, it just is.

What I do know though is to wholehearted believe what you think to be the only right answer makes you as bad as the people you’re trying not to be like.

We used to attribute everything to a God, then we found science. If we don’t destroy ourselves first I like to think one day we’ll know.

As Mark Twain put so eloquently “It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so”

“The more I have been absorbed by spiritualism the more I have come to the realisation”

This reminds me of a thought I have about my own beliefs. I used to tell everyone who’d listen I was atheist, I was 110% convinced. After some time I realised the way I thought was as narrow minded as those who were 110% sure in the existence of God, Allah, Vishnu, Odin, Buddha.

The only truth is that I don’t know, nobody does. All the atheists, all the religions and everyone in between could be right. I choose to believe that any god that created everything in existence wouldn’t care one jot about some monkeys on a blue dot in the middle of nowhere. Anyone of those gods might not even be sentient, it just is.

What I do know though is to wholehearted believe what you think to be the only right answer makes you as bad as the people you’re trying not to be like.

We used to attribute everything to a God, then we found science. If we don’t destroy ourselves first I like to think one day we’ll know.

As Mark Twain put so eloquently “It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so”

I believe somewhere along the road, human evolution faulted as I do not believe any living entity should possess the level of self awareness/ consciousness that we do. We were never meant to be able to build skyscrapers, or fly into space, or question what happens after we depart the mortal flesh. If we were, our minds would not be overwhelmed at the notion of the powers and mystique of the universe.

Now I get a few messages on my socials/spiritual forum account from those asking for my opinion on what happens after death. I personally believe that once we die, thats it. I do however lie and respond that I believe that our energy lives on in some form or another. Why do I lie ? Because we were never meant to worry about eternal nothingness, a dark void to which we never again awaken from. We were meant to worship the elements, the sun, and believe once we die we transcend to a higher plane. That was the beauty of life - the blissful ignorance towards death.

I believe somewhere along the road, human evolution faulted as I do not believe any living entity should possess the level of self awareness/ consciousness that we do. We were never meant to be able to build skyscrapers, or fly into space, or question what happens after we depart the mortal flesh. If we were, our minds would not be overwhelmed at the notion of the powers and mystique of the universe.

Now I get a few messages on my socials/spiritual forum account from those asking for my opinion on what happens after death. I personally believe that once we die, thats it. I do however lie and respond that I believe that our energy lives on in some form or another. Why do I lie ? Because we were never meant to worry about eternal nothingness, a dark void to which we never again awaken from. We were meant to worship the elements, the sun, and believe once we die we transcend to a higher plane. That was the beauty of life - the blissful ignorance towards death.

The jump from worshiping the elements to building things that take us into space is not that great though. It requires the same part of the brain. That’s why no other animals contemplate what happens after death or made it to the moon. I don’t agree with you about evolution faltering. The entire point of evolution is that it never stops. Other species just hit a great filter, we managed to overcome ours upto now

When I were a lad, many years ago, we lived in a house next to Wallasey cemetery. Several family members (not me) said they had seen a tall man in Victorian dress, with a tall hat, coming down the stairs at various different times. We had mysterious fires break out on 3 separate occasions. Personally I don't believe in ghosts but what do I know?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back