Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays wide right I think, with the freedom to cut inside onto his left peg.

I think he's probably a No.10, but he needs gametime in a more competitive league to a) build up physically and b) get more consistent.

Honestly think at this stage he's too good for the U23s and needs to be loaned out - but only after he gets another first-team pre-season under his belt.

His strength is in his passing and shooting, he has a lovely left-foot. But he's not really a winger or a crosser of the ball so it's difficult to know where he'd fit into the first-team. I bet Unsworth would know where to play him in the first-team though. Maybe a classic 'in-the-hole' player. Maybe a David Silva type role.

He needs to throw Dowell in. He has something no one else has and he'd allow us to vary our approach.

Liam Walsh is another who needs blooding or so I hear, though he's got a queue ahead of him in MF.

Dowell wont be making it at this level David, nor Walsh, not unless they go to Maccies everyday of the pre-season.

433 is a terrible system to play with a piss poor defence....and we have a piss poor defence.

Hopefully after this window we wont.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont feed donkeys strawberries.

He's class. Just put him in.

Marble Falls 063.webp

Actually, as it turns out, you do.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont feed donkeys strawberries.

He's class. Just put him in.

Not saying he isn't class.

Just saying I'd give him pre-season and bar him impressing so much that he's deemed a guaranteed starter then I'd just give him some time out on loan to get said first team football.

If Barkley and Lukaku go as I expect I think we need 6 1st teamers (goalkeeper, centre backx2, Number 10, left winger, striker) and 6 more back ups (right back, left back, centre midfield, number 10, strikerx2) to give us a team and squad that can battle on all fronts.

GK -

1 of Pickford/Kalinic
Robles
Youth backup in emergencies/Stek

RB -

Coleman
Kenny
Holgate

CB -

Williams
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Holgate
Browning
Galloway

LB -

Baines
Mendy
Galloway

RW -

1 of Traore/Munir
Mirallas
Lookman
Bolasie

LW -

1 of Traore/Munir
Mirallas
Lookman
Bolasie

lol

CM -

Schneiderlin
Gana
Davies
Klaassen
Besic
Emergency backup - Barry/Youth

Acm -

Rooney
Sigurdsson
Klaassen
Dowell

Striker -

Traore/Munir
Sandro
Rooney
Calvert-Lewin
Lookman

Bolded players I've put in more than one position. Roughly 24 players I think in that above list. and Sandro can play r/w and l/w too.

We could sell Barkley as looks likely and replace him with the more all-rounded Klaassen for a similar price.
Sell Lukaku for £75-90m and fund Rooney's wages/small fee - Sandro for €6m Sigurdsson for £25-30m. And a goalie for £10-20m. Mendy looks good, is young and may cost I'd speculate €7m max.
Traore or Munir would cost £15-18m according to reports for Traore and Munir €12m
We could sell Deulofeu too for £8m or something like that. Niasse is on his way for maybe £4-6m. We could sell McCarthy for £15m too or keep him.

Squad would be improved and I'm a youtube ho.

Last edited:

GK -

1 of Pickford/Kalinic
Robles
Youth backup in emergencies/Stek

RB -

Coleman
Kenny
Holgate

CB -

Williams
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Holgate
Browning
Galloway

LB -

Baines
Mendy
Galloway

RW -

1 of Traore/Munir
Mirallas
Lookman
Bolasie

LW -

1 of Traore/Munir
Mirallas
Lookman
Bolasie

lol

CM -

Schneiderlin
Gana
Davies
Klaassen
Besic
Emergency backup - Barry/Youth

Acm -

Rooney
Sigurdsson
Klaassen

Striker -

Traore/Munir
Sandro
Rooney
Calvert-Lewin
Lookman

Bolded players I've put in more than one position. Roughly 24 players I think in that above list. and Sandro can play r/w and l/w too.

We could sell Barkley as looks likely and replace him with the more all-rounded Klaassen for a similar price.
Sell Lukaku for £75-90m and fund Rooney's wages/small fee - Sandro for €6m Sigurdsson for £25-30m. And a goalie for £10-20m
We could sell McCarthy for £15m too or keep him.
Traore or Munir would cost £15-18m according to reports for Traore and Munir €12m
We could sell Deulofeu too for £8m or something like that.

Squad would be improved and I'm a youtube ho.

No mate, it says 'Goats squad analysis thread'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back