Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Kevin Mirallas

ACM
Ross Barkley*

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Romelu Lukaku*

It gives me great pleasure to add Jordan to the squad, still lots of work to be done, which appears to be getting done quickly, hoping for more edits in the next week or 2.

Jordan of course is a HG player.

Can you please move Mase inside and bring Kenny into the squad; think it's a formality next season with Seamus out.

Can you please move Mase inside and bring Kenny into the squad; think it's a formality next season with Seamus out.

No sorry, im pondering taking Matty out, I really am and the boy Lennon, but it stays like this, for now.

JJ has plenty of time to make a move, I have every faith.

No sorry, im pondering taking Matty out, I really am and the boy Lennon, but it stays like this, for now.

JJ has plenty of time to make a move, I have every faith.

But he was in the squad end of last season and just won a World Cup c'mon mannnnn.

Lennon I'd remove I doubt we'll see him for a while if ever again.

But he was in the squad end of last season and just won a World Cup c'mon mannnnn.

Lennon I'd remove I doubt we'll see him for a while if ever again.

Fine, but as long as he knows, hes done well to get into the squad, but the hard work starts now, Matty and Aaron, the door is open for you both, dont feel bad.

Manager
Ronald Koeman

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Ashley Williams*

Phil Jagielka*
Ramiro Funes Mori
Brendan Galloway
Mason Holgate

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
James McCarthy*
Gareth Barry*
Tom Davies

Wingers

Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Kevin Mirallas

ACM
Ross Barkley*

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Romelu Lukaku*

Thanks mate. New season, it just had to look right.

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Ashley Williams*

Phil Jagielka*
Ramiro Funes Mori
Brendan Galloway
Mason Holgate

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
Ross Barkley*
Gareth Barry*
James McCarthy*
Davy Klaassen
Ross Barkley*

Wingers

Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Kevin Mirallas

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Romelu Lukaku*

Felt like I needed to change the roles in the team, the ACM role has been removed and of course Ross and Davy added to an overloaded midfield section, would imagine some movement in that area of an outgoing direction, but 2 excellent additions today and hopefully more to come soon.

Good job MG!

Just a suggestion: given the formation we went with last season and Barkley's position in the team, instead of having them all down as "midfielders", you could have a section for "midfielders" (Gueye, Schneiderlin, etc) "forwards" (Klaassen & Barkley, plus the wingers) then "strikers".

Makes for good reading nonetheless!

Good job MG!

Just a suggestion: given the formation we went with last season and Barkley's position in the team, instead of having them all down as "midfielders", you could have a section for "midfielders" (Gueye, Schneiderlin, etc) "forwards" (Klaassen & Barkley, plus the wingers) then "strikers".

I was always under the impression that Klaassen is more of a midfielder? Plays box to box for Ajax rather than a no.10 role unless I'm mistaken. Meaning we'd have a midfield 3 of Klaassen, Gueye, Schneiderlin if Koeman sticks to the 4-3-3-ish shape we ended the season with.

Otherwise I agree with this. Can't see Koeman playing a no.10 next season given that Barkley was thrown out wide for the tail end of the last, so we may as well pile in attacking midfielders with the wingers.

Why don't you include Mori or Galloway as left-back cover when both have played there for us, especially Galloway, who basically has played every game in an Everton shirt at left-back?

Or Tyias Browning who has played for England at u17, u19, and u20 level and made 7 appearances in an Everton first- team shirt before his injury?

Unsworth probably rates the c**p out of Browning and he can play right-back as well as centre-back.

Good job MG!

Its something I might ponder, but as the chap below says, its my belief that Ronny wont really be playing with a number 10.

I was always under the impression that Klaassen is more of a midfielder? Plays box to box for Ajax rather than a no.10 role unless I'm mistaken. Meaning we'd have a midfield 3 of Klaassen, Gueye, Schneiderlin if Koeman sticks to the 4-3-3-ish shape we ended the season with.

Otherwise I agree with this. Can't see Koeman playing a no.10 next season given that Barkley was thrown out wide for the tail end of the last, so we may as well pile in attacking midfielders with the wingers.

As above, as the squad takes more shape I might change a few things around, the midfield area looks really stacked at the moment so it maybe unbalances the squad to the eye, will take a look at a later point and maybe shift a few things around.

Currently im assuming a formation we will play, im also assuming a few roles within the team, that may change.

Why don't you include Mori or Galloway as left-back cover when both have played there for us, especially Galloway, who basically has played every game in an Everton shirt at left-back?

Or Tyias Browning who has played for England at u17, u19, and u20 level and made 7 appearances in an Everton first- team shirt before his injury?

Unsworth probably rates the c**p out of Browning and he can play right-back as well as centre-back.

I dont include anybody as cover in any area, I select people in what I believe is their natural position, Galloway might turn out to be a LB and im sure he will play more games at LB than CB for a little while, but I personally consider him a CB.

Browning is 23, hes hardly had a chance here, I see no reason that it will change anytime soon, to be very harsh, he has a number of players ahead of him at RB and CB. Im hoping for his sake he gets a chance pre-season, if so, I will be happy to add him to the squad.

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Ashley Williams*

Phil Jagielka*
Ramiro Funes Mori
Brendan Galloway
Mason Holgate

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
Ross Barkley*
Gareth Barry*
James McCarthy*
Davy Klaassen
Ross Barkley*

Wingers

Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Kevin Mirallas

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Romelu Lukaku*

Felt like I needed to change the roles in the team, the ACM role has been removed and of course Ross and Davy added to an overloaded midfield section, would imagine some movement in that area of an outgoing direction, but 2 excellent additions today and hopefully more to come soon.

Can you please explain the * denotation?

Worried here.

To expand on the above, take the midfield area.

Tom Davies, is he an attacker or a midfielder? Is he a number 6 or a number 8? I would call him a number 8, but defo a midfielder.

Then take Barkley, he has played mostly as a number 10/ACM, but if he stays, I suspect he will be expected to play as a number 8 in midfield and maybe as a "wingforward" at times.

Klassen, is he more Davies or is he Barkley? Is he a midfielder or an attacker?

Hence me sticking all the players I consider a midfielder in the midfield section, for now.

Homegrown players C, in case it becomes an issue, we are currently at 9, with Lennon, Pennington and Browning "able" to be added in case we need the numbers.

Makes sense now MG, gracias.

Thought you were earmarking players for sale and got confused as Baines and Pickford had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back