Total players (24)

Players purchased so far (5)

Young, Danjuma(LOAN), Chermiti, Harrison(LOAN), Beto

Players culled so far (7)
Simms, Holgate(LOAN), Cannon, Maupay, Iwobi, Gmbamin, Gray

Non-HG players (7)
Home-grown players (12)
Underage players (5)

Speaking of tempting fate, in a bit Demz.

Numbers wise the squad is almost perfect, but thats just in terms of quantity and assumes everybody is "fit".
My god those centre backs

I saw Keane play upfront the other day, along with Myko at CB, thats 2 things I hope to never see repeated and I doubt it will be.

Neither do I but removing my blue glasses and trying to be neutral,very impressed by the work of Thelwell and by that i mean how he is delivering to his employers, they obviously asked him to do a fire-sale and reduce the wage bill while building a squad that will avoid relegation for another year (till we move stadiums and the current owner sells and moves on)

Obviously there is the big "IF" in "if we avoid relegation", Dyche/Thelwell were not asked by the board to finish in European places or top half or even mid table, they were asked to avoid relegation, the squad we have right now is just for that, we will have our answer in 9 months (But it does look like we will be lucky again, this time by Luton, Burnley and Sheffield Utd being so bad)

Call me crazy - but this isn't a particularly massive problem?

Literally the only reason it's not being 'filled' now is because we still have a number of injuries..
Of course it's a big problem. Firstly we don't have options to change personnel or the way we play, and secondly it means there is zero competition for places.

I would be shocked if we have 1 game all season where no one is injured or suspended. This is elite sport, it barely ever happens.

Of course it's a big problem. Firstly we don't have options to change personnel or the way we play, and secondly it means there is zero competition for places.

I would be shocked if we have 1 game all season where no one is injured or suspended. This is elite sport, it barely ever happens.
There's no excuse to not fill the bench tho.

We have over 200 footballers at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back