Golf 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s been far worse incidents. Kiwah island and Brookline for sure. La Cava was out of order (not waving his cap) but having a pop at Rory for the second time as he lined up his putt. Rory plays his best when he’s got a point to prove. Will be an interesting watch.

How does anyone get partisan about 'Europe' as a sporting outfit...

Lol.
It's fun to watch. It's a Vince McMahon made-for-TV sporting event, except that the competition is real and the participants care about more than dollar signs.

So, pick your side and take your chances. It's not an ad for the EU, and never was. The present format predates the EU.

The Hovland marriage proposal in the stands is an absolute riot.

yes, much better to be partisan about sport when the lines are drawn by religion.
Would give this ten likes if I could. Two thousand years of history says drawing the battle lines that way works so well.

It's fun to watch. It's a Vince McMahon made-for-TV sporting event, except that the competition is real and the participants care about more than dollar signs.

So, pick your side and take your chances. It's not an ad for the EU, and never was. The present format predates the EU.

The Hovland marriage proposal in the stands is an absolute riot.

Would give this ten likes if I could. Two thousand years of history says drawing the battle lines that way works so well.
Patrick Cantlay doesn't seem to agree with this sentiment if the rumours are true.

Patrick Cantlay doesn't seem to agree with this sentiment if the rumours are true.
It's an interesting position to stake out. The event is an advertisement for him and everyone else invited, but he wants a paycheck for participating.

I would argue that only McIlroy has the kind of marketing metrics to even begin to try to go there, and he's no Tiger on that front.

It's a well-known fact in golf that if you miss, miss so badly that you yoink it into the gallery and the trampled down grass. Do not miss in such a way that you end up on the golf course as set up.

That's fixable by ruling that anything into the gallery is an Obi-Wan, but that would change the game of golf and make the equipment manufacturers mad. Once upon a time, somebody told Chi Chi that their ball would give him thirty yards, and he said, "Thirty yards further into the woods doesn't do me any good!"

They don't let me play in this event because if they did, I would grab the Ryder Cup, strike a Heisman pose and then dash back down the player tunnel.

(and because I am a terrible golfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back