Golf 2024

Scheffler is bordering on Tiger territory with this run. With a win, his last 5 will be 1, 1, 2, 1, 1. That’s absurd
Figure Scheffler plays the signature events, the majors, the Olympics, the FedEx Cup and maybe the Scottish Open. That's ten or eleven starts. With the win at the Hero World Challenge, he's at five already for this season.

The modern wins record for a season is nine, shared by Vijay and Tiger. I wouldn't want to bet against Scheffler to get there right now, and it may be that the only person who can stop him has half his genetic makeup.

I think he could take a nine-month paternity leave and still be ranked number one at the end of it. The last comparable run was Rory notching three straight, including the Open and PGA, in 2014. DJ rattled off three straight in 2017, but none of them was a major.

This is the best golf you're likely to see played this decade. Enjoy it while it lasts.

This is a serious round of golf by Mcilroy
It’s a great watch isn’t it. Driving yesterday was ridiculous, but this is stupid. Please maintain something like this level throughout the season. 🙏. Such a great spectacle when he’s like this. As the commentary pointed out, mad that the US crowd quite happy to see him demolish one of their own, who would have been a popular enough winner.

….McIlroy filing for divorce on the eve of a major.

Apparently this US PGA course suits the long hitters, I’ve had a little interest in Wyndham Clark e/w at 33-1 (10 places) but will have another bet after the cut.

Scheffler falling out of bed after his wife having a kid and taking time off to dunk a 2 on a par 4 on his first hole.

Guy is a savant

Great to see all the big guns, generally, having a good first round as well. The 3 top favourites with the bookies appear to be well on their way, and I've seen a lot of experts saying this could actually be the one Xander finally gets and he was great betting value coming in.

I still think he'll choke, mind

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back