Golf 2024

Yep, a massive chance of that. His face annoys me, his actions annoy me, so when they were vomiting praise left, right and centre about how great he is and how uniquely great he is it just annoyed me. He screams frat boy toxic masculinity and a 'It's about me attitude'.

I thought this might be a safe space to get it off my chest :)

He is great in golf terms, He hits it further but remains accurate, he literally designed his own clubs with some 3d thing. He's of kind and is reinventing the sport to best suit his game.

Very punchable face tho.

I don't actually think DeChambeau is that bad of a guy. I do think he comes off that way. He's more or less the Montgomerie of this generation, if Montgomerie were American and notched a US Open.

I do think, as an American, that the younger generation of our Ryder Cup players is very unlikable. Spieth and JT seem to get it, Scheffler seems above any petty politics, and otherwise it seems like we get reminded of what a bunch of small children that fell from the Eldrick Woods tree they are every two years.

Compare to Rose, Lowry and Hovland being genuinely excited to see one another, to the point of hugs. Would you rather have one of ours as a teammate, or the bearded, beer-bellied ginger Irishman who grins like a leprechaun?

Thought so.
The Ryder Cup portrayal by Full Swing certainly hasn’t helped in that regard. Johnson picking what was effectively his mates, hasn’t really painted them in a good light, even though for most of them, it wasn’t up to them.

I also think that there is more of a LIV issue for some players like Bryson. I think a lot of the media narrative is very against it, and Full Swing has again not really helped it in that regard. You mention players like Rose, Hovland and Lowry but I’d pick any of them over someone like Poulter as well. I think there is just an underlying distrust etc of those who have gone to LIV.

He deserved that. Got excited when Hovland made his little push, just glad it wasn’t DeShambles or any other LiV guy who won.

In other news, I scored a 95 yesterday, which is my lowest round ever. Parred 3 of the last 4, which included hitting the greens on 2 par 3s, which I really struggle with and normally come out with 5s.

Well done mate, where did you play?

He deserved that. Got excited when Hovland made his little push, just glad it wasn’t DeShambles or any other LiV guy who won.

In other news, I scored a 95 yesterday, which is my lowest round ever. Parred 3 of the last 4, which included hitting the greens on 2 par 3s, which I really struggle with and normally come out with 5s.
I would murder babies for a 95. Well done, sir.

Linden Hall in Northumberland. Tough course, lots of water which I normally find but managed to avoid.

Thank you. Last couple of rounds haven’t been great, but with signs it was improving, and managed to pull it together for once.

Great work! I’ve been playing a bit more this year and have managed to knock 1.5 from my handicap over the last fortnight. It becomes addictive when you get a decent round, bet you can’t wait for your next one!

Bryson may actually be a decent guy, but he's just such a dweeb.

That's why I don't like him. And I think why a lot of guys don't like him. Like he's the last guy I'd want to have a beer with after a round. Except for maybe Patrick Reed. Totally unfair I'm sure.
Yup. Patrick Reed is scum. Bryson comes off like he's that kind of scum, but probably isn't. He's just a socially awkward dude who went over to LIV, and why wouldn't he? If you're already hated, you may as well take the Saudi coin. Nothing to lose.

Hey golf fans… 2024 is the year I eventually try take golf a lot more seriously. From 3 rounds a year shooting anywhere between 91 and 105 I want to become someone who shoots around 85-88 consistently. #break90
Best score ever is 89 (50 front. 39 back)

First step was invested in some new QI TM irons about a month ago, upgrading from my almost new looking R9s
Two: joined the local driving range as a member (being going couple time a week)
Three: watch Saguto and golfsidekicks (cos he’s hilarious) on YouTube

Feel like a had a major Breakthrough this week shallowing the swing and improving the ball contact massively.

The wife now got a me a flight monitor for my b’day yesterday.. so that pretty sweet.

Started watching full swing… my distaste for LIV has quadrupled… Bryson seems a decent bloke but I was rooting for Xander all day. Even my countryman Burmester can shove it.

Hey golf fans… 2024 is the year I eventually try take golf a lot more seriously. From 3 rounds a year shooting anywhere between 91 and 105 I want to become someone who shoots around 85-88 consistently. #break90
Best score ever is 89 (50 front. 39 back)

First step was invested in some new QI TM irons about a month ago, upgrading from my almost new looking R9s
Two: joined the local driving range as a member (being going couple time a week)
Three: watch Saguto and golfsidekicks (cos he’s hilarious) on YouTube

Feel like a had a major Breakthrough this week shallowing the swing and improving the ball contact massively.

The wife now got a me a flight monitor for my b’day yesterday.. so that pretty sweet.

Started watching full swing… my distaste for LIV has quadrupled… Bryson seems a decent bloke but I was rooting for Xander all day. Even my countryman Burmester can shove it.
A few lessons with a good teaching pro would really put you on the right (swing) path! Not one who is going to change everything you do already, but one who has a good look, watches what you are already doing a just makes a few sensible “tweaks”!
Let us know when you hit that 85 👍!

A few lessons with a good teaching pro would really put you on the right (swing) path! Not one who is going to change everything you do already, but one who has a good look, watches what you are already doing a just makes a few sensible “tweaks”!
Let us know when you hit that 85 👍!
Yep.. unfortunately I’m in Botswana and the coaching I have seen I don’t trust overly. Maybe I shouldn’t prejudge and see what they have to say.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back