Golf 2024

Brilliant by Macintyre, seriously good 3 rounds. I thought the likes of him, Detry, Wallace would struggle, Bob's cracked on and taking the bull by the horns.

Tomorrow is going to be one of the best final rounds in years!
This is anyone's ball game. The failure of at least one of the three at the top to go run and hide has opened the door to a bunch of people going out an hour or two early, if they throw down a round like Lowry's.

The trailing pack is large, and full of menace. Whoever wins tomorrow will do it by going low. Should be fun to watch.

Good looking leaderboard at a somewhat controversial event. Got on Morikawa as usual so maybe get my Masters dough back and some.

Hovland looking the biz again and his 18 greens in regulation last Sunday at Quail Hollow put him firmly on my radar. Has a good chance today. From outback, Louisville lad Thomas could launch an attack at 66/1. Rosey at 33s may get inspired once more like playing with 62 man Lowery yesterday, going out with Bob Mc this afternoon.

Some test of golf this is. The scoreboard looks like the Houston Open.
I saw that JT put it well. He said something to the effect of, "When the greens are soft, it doesn't matter what course on Planet Earth you put us on. The golf course doesn't have anything to defend itself."

We saw that at Augusta last month. When it rained before Thursday, the course was a teddy bear. Give it some wind to dry out the greens and make ball flight behave in ways it never behaves at Augusta, and it's a whole different story.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back