Golf 2024

He drove with the police officer attached to the car for about 10 yards. That’s what I think the assault charge is based on
Not being funny but do police in the USA do things differently? How and why would they attach themselves to the car?

And you would have to imagine if it's a fatal traffic collision there would be police lights on especially when it's still dark. Seems like a case of I'm a high profile person I won't stop for no one
Schefflers doesn't really come across as this type of a bloke...

My honest opinion? He was late, stressing big time and had a brain fart moment... Been there done that myself! 😂

Late for a very important meeting and your boss has been riding your ass recently, and you forget to indicate or don't come to complete stop at a stop street...
And surprise, surprise... Bacon patrol just happen to be in the near vicinity and they see you. You're at the point of hyperventilating now because of all the stress and by accident you press the gas pedal instead of the brakes. It happens. 🤷‍♂️

I think everyone was in the wrong. Scheffler deserves some kind of ticket or citation but then the officer decided to live out a scene from Cops and found out that isn't such a good idea.

My guess is information was scarce all around, the officers arrested him before they knew who it was and why he might do that (miss a tee time = DQ and lots of money lost), then they dug their heels in like the typical American never surrender never wrong police force.

Oh and then he went out and shot 66. True mentality monster.

I think everyone was in the wrong. Scheffler deserves some kind of ticket or citation but then the officer decided to live out a scene from Cops and found out that isn't such a good idea.

My guess is information was scarce all around, the officers arrested him before they knew who it was and why he might do that (miss a tee time = DQ and lots of money lost), then they dug their heels in like the typical American never surrender never wrong police force.

Oh and then he went out and shot 66. True mentality monster.
The assault charge was never likely to stick, IMO. The police officer made a choice to grab the door handle, and another not to let go.

From what Scheffler's attorney is saying, it sounds like the detective was there with the crash investigation. Scheffler had the wave-through from the police at the checkpoint with his credentials, and followed that protocol, but apparently the complete stoppage of traffic at the gate by the investigative team didn't get relayed up the line.

So Scheffler's seeing this crazy guy who doesn't understand the protocol, and the police on the scene see someone who's endangering everyone involved in the crash investigation.

My guess is they'll plead it down to whatever the step below a reckless is in Kentucky and move on.

Unreal performance from Scheffler under rhe circumstances.

A very poor round by Rory who lost ground again on the leading pack. Needs a massive round today to stay within touching distance.
Rory didn't actually play too bad he had countless birdie attempts that just rolled past the edge, on another day he is right up there.

Still a long way to go, I think anyway from -6 under is still in with a shout. Id even throw Rory in there as he is capable a really low score

Rory didn't actually play too bad he had countless birdie attempts that just rolled past the edge, on another day he is right up there.

Still a long way to go, I think anyway from -6 under is still in with a shout. Id even throw Rory in there as he is capable a really low score

Probably poor is a slight over reaction, moreso he wasnt at the level of the day before.

He certainly can shoot low for sure. If he's within 3-4 shots of the lead Sunday, he'll be in with a shout.

Probably poor is a slight over reaction, moreso he wasnt at the level of the day before.

He certainly can shoot low for sure. If he's within 3-4 shots of the lead Sunday, he'll be in with a shout.
Just no flatstick. Not Scheffler on a bad day with the putter - he gave them chances - but nothing went down.

Rory can definitely win, but seeing how Scheffler is probably nailed on for another 66 and 67, he would need a pair of 64s to overtake. He's 100% capable of that, though I wouldn't call it likely. If he gets some help at the top of the leaderboard he would need less, but Scheffler has not been accommodating in recent months.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back