Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runners, any advice on being and staying motivated? Always seem to drift off and stop running after a good start so I don't want that to happen this time.

As a few have said, entering a race can help, I have this problem myself as do most.

I downloaded Nike+ running app last August which has helped, asded all the lads in the office at work, which makes it a bit competitive as you can see how far everyone is doing per week or month. Plus you can set challenges on there for how far to do per month.

Even though we're all different standards and ages it's kept everyone interested, my 40 yr old boss has gone from struggling to complete 5k with out walking to doing it in under 24 minutes, plus he's running about 40/50 miles a month with ease.

More advice needed here lads..

Running 5k quite comfortably now, but I'm only running 5k right now, no more. There is a 5 mile (8k) race going on next month, is it possible for me to train up to that and be comfortable running that? Not bothered about speed, just want to be able to run in. Haven't got much knowledge about increasing your running distance in a short amount of time, so can anyone help us out? Anything would be appreciated

Running 5k quite comfortably now, but I'm only running 5k right now, no more. There is a 5 mile (8k) race going on next month, is it possible for me to train up to that and be comfortable running that? Not bothered about speed, just want to be able to run in. Haven't got much knowledge about increasing your running distance in a short amount of time, so can anyone help us out? Anything would be appreciated
you'll bang an 8k easy if you're currently running 5k without any probs mate

More advice needed here lads..

Running 5k quite comfortably now, but I'm only running 5k right now, no more. There is a 5 mile (8k) race going on next month, is it possible for me to train up to that and be comfortable running that? Not bothered about speed, just want to be able to run in. Haven't got much knowledge about increasing your running distance in a short amount of time, so can anyone help us out? Anything would be appreciated[/QUOTE

I did something similar, the programme I'm following has you increasing the distance 1 km at a time,so it's 5k twice a week,for me Tues & Thursday, then the weekend increase your distance by 1km. it worked very well for me. "Irish Times 10k " is the programme, goods videos,with tips i've found very useful with regards avoiding injuries, running techniques etc.If you've time before the 5 mile run,might give you chance to prepare.

Got weighed earlier 5 weeks into my weight loss and going the gym. I've done more in the gym this week than any other and ate less and had no beer at all. I got weighed after the gym and weighed the same as Saturday.

BUT I then had my dinner went for a 3 mile walk came back checked again and I've actually lost 4lb

Weird

Got weighed earlier 5 weeks into my weight loss and going the gym. I've done more in the gym this week than any other and ate less and had no beer at all. I got weighed after the gym and weighed the same as Saturday.

BUT I then had my dinner went for a 3 mile walk came back checked again and I've actually lost 4lb

Weird

Weight can fluctuate in peculiar ways at times. Best to look at it over the longer term than worry too much about individual weigh-ins (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back