Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
well going to shout it from the roof tops. completed my first 10k run today, 4 weeks ahead of the programme I'm following (Limerick Barrington street 10k in May ). today I was due to run for fifty minutes, entered a 10k near by with the plan to just run for fifty,and walk whatever remained.felt decent enough so continued to the end, 1:00:09 by far the fastest I ever ran,well pleased as an over 50's novice, Guinness a plenty tonight !.
well done chum, good time too

well going to shout it from the roof tops. completed my first 10k run today, 4 weeks ahead of the programme I'm following (Limerick Barrington street 10k in May ). today I was due to run for fifty minutes, entered a 10k near by with the plan to just run for fifty,and walk whatever remained.felt decent enough so continued to the end, 1:00:09 by far the fastest I ever ran,well pleased as an over 50's novice, Guinness a plenty tonight !.

They'll only ever get easier from now on mate, well in

The good news is, come payday it looks like I'm buying this;

2015_giant_defy_2.jpg

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/defy.2/19187/77295/

Done a lot of research, and for my commuting/social ride needs it will do everything I want to and more. I'm paying for more than I need I know, but Tiagra seems reliable and I hope to join a casual weekend riding club once I get into the swing of things, so I'll want to keep up lol

2015_giant_defy_2.jpg

Done a lot of research, and for my commuting/social ride needs it will do everything I want to and more. I'm paying for more than I need I know, but Tiagra seems reliable and I hope to join a casual weekend riding club once I get into the swing of things, so I'll want to keep up lol

Looks good mate.

I'm changing jobs soon so I was thinking about chopping in my mtb and getting a roadie for commuting. What sort of things should I be looking at? Seems like road bikes just get lighter as they get more expensive whereas mtb's get more complicated.

2015_giant_defy_2.jpg

Super stuff. I had a very similar first bike, and still use it now on the turbo and commuting. It's served me really well over the last 5-6 years. Weather is getting nice too so you'll hopefully have some great rides in store :) Have you taken her out yet?

Did a nice long ride out into Surrey on Sunday to give Box Hill a go and see what the fuss is about. More like a false flat than a hill really. It's never good when you have to break going round a corner going uphill :lol:

Super stuff. I had a very similar first bike, and still use it now on the turbo and commuting. It's served me really well over the last 5-6 years. Weather is getting nice too so you'll hopefully have some great rides in store :) Have you taken her out yet?

Did a nice long ride out into Surrey on Sunday to give Box Hill a go and see what the fuss is about. More like a false flat than a hill really. It's never good when you have to break going round a corner going uphill lol

Info. Minge. Read it.

After having a quick look on Bike Radar this bike caught my eye:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-road-bike-id_8306944.html

A carbon fork for £430's pretty good isn't it? Can't say I know anything about the other components though.

Runners, any advice on being and staying motivated? Always seem to drift off and stop running after a good start so I don't want that to happen this time.

Did a nice long ride out into Surrey on Sunday to give Box Hill a go and see what the fuss is about. More like a false flat than a hill really. It's never good when you have to break going round a corner going uphill lol

Waiting for payday mate but I'm sure she's the one as I went the LBS today and had a sit/tinker, chatted to the guy for a good 20 minutes, sold the defy series to me very well (I'd read up a fair bit before too). Decided that neither my wallet nor my talent level could justify the Defy 0 or the Defy 1, so a middle ground was reached. I really doubt I'd notice the difference between Tiagra and 105 anyway.

Proper hill slayer you Bruce lol you ever ridden snakes pass to Sheffield?

Waiting for payday mate but I'm sure she's the one as I went the LBS today and had a sit/tinker, chatted to the guy for a good 20 minutes, sold the defy series to me very well (I'd read up a fair bit before too). Decided that neither my wallet nor my talent level could justify the Defy 0 or the Defy 1, so a middle ground was reached. I really doubt I'd notice the difference between Tiagra and 105 anyway.

Proper hill slayer you Bruce lol you ever ridden snakes pass to Sheffield?

Haha, the bloke I was with was on his new time trial bike and on the flat it was like he was jet propelled. Incredibly fast. I haven't ever done Snakes Pass. Is it a good 'un?

Sure you'll love going out for a spin, especially now the weather is so much nicer. No better way to travel :)

Haha, the bloke I was with was on his new time trial bike and on the flat it was like he was jet propelled. Incredibly fast. I haven't ever done Snakes Pass. Is it a good 'un?

Sure you'll love going out for a spin, especially now the weather is so much nicer. No better way to travel :)

Friend of mine cycled it last year, Manchester to Sheffield, and said it was the best route he's ever done but also the most difficult. He's been challenging me to do it with him ever since, imagine I'll have a tough time getting out of it now.

Looks good mate.

I'm changing jobs soon so I was thinking about chopping in my mtb and getting a roadie for commuting. What sort of things should I be looking at? Seems like road bikes just get lighter as they get more expensive whereas mtb's get more complicated.

I imagine with a carbon fork it'll be a very smooth ride, which if you live anywhere with bad roads (and that's plenty of places) it'll come in very handy. Looks good for the price mate.

Friend of mine cycled it last year, Manchester to Sheffield, and said it was the best route he's ever done but also the most difficult. He's been challenging me to do it with him ever since, imagine I'll have a tough time getting out of it now.

Give it a go. Those early rides you'll always suffer like a dog, but you get better and you get a bit quicker for the same level of pain :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back