Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runners, any advice on being and staying motivated? Always seem to drift off and stop running after a good start so I don't want that to happen this time.

It's gotta feel good, otherwise you won't continue. For me, that means mostly easy miles that just roll one after another. I don't try to go fast. I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere - I'm running to enjoy the journey. At the end of my rn I want to feel fresh like I could go again, not sweaty and gasping for breath. My pace will be what it will be.

A few races a year are good, but running is about much more than just training for races.

Try to work it into your regular day. Run to work a couple of times a week if you can, or a lunchtime run is a great way of getting away from your desk for an while. Nothing clears the mind like a good run.

Lost another half a stone since last Thursday . That's 26lb in just under 4 weeks.

I hope I can do another 1 and 1/2 stone by May 2 . If I do I'm a stone ahead of schedule in the plan I had. . Just 3 and 1/2 stone to go in my original goal now but I think I can lose another stone as well.

I know the weight loss will slow down so I'm going to keep at it while it lasts .

Lost another half a stone since last Thursday . That's 26lb in just under 4 weeks.

I hope I can do another 1 and 1/2 stone by May 2 . If I do I'm a stone ahead of schedule in the plan I had. . Just 3 and 1/2 stone to go in my original goal now but I think I can lose another stone as well.

I know the weight loss will slow down so I'm going to keep at it while it lasts .
Well in mate. I need to lose weight myself. Have you been cutting down on what you eat to lose that much?

Well in mate. I need to lose weight myself. Have you been cutting down on what you eat to lose that much?
Yes mate but still eat what I want.

I'll have my chippy on the weekend and roast dinner. Plus I've had one big ale session and 2 six pint sessions in that time . Then comes the ale binge munchies

I eat 3 times a day. 2 wholemeal toast of a morning and cup of tea.

3 hours in the gym and swim

Get home have my dinner about 500 cal then my tea of about 800 to 1200 Cals sometimes less on weekend more. I had a lot to lose that's why I've stripped it this quick it will get harder soon

Ive cut out crisps and chocolate ( have once a week ) I don't eat cake so that's lucky.

I only drink water, coke zero or tea

I'm making the most of being out of work stripping the weight off while I have free time to put proper effort in . Once I get to the weight I want I'll cut the gym down from 6 days to 4 and 2 hours instead of the 3 I'm doing now.

If you deprive yourself of food you love you wont ever shift weight because you'll just crack then binge then bail the gym and eating routine . I'm finally realising that now.

Yes mate but still eat what I want.

I'll have my chippy on the weekend and roast dinner. Plus I've had one big ale session and 2 six pint sessions in that time . Then comes the ale binge munchies

I eat 3 times a day. 2 wholemeal toast of a morning and cup of tea.

3 hours in the gym and swim

Get home have my dinner about 500 cal then my tea of about 800 to 1200 Cals sometimes less on weekend more. I had a lot to lose that's why I've stripped it this quick it will get harder soon

Ive cut out crisps and chocolate ( have once a week ) I don't eat cake so that's lucky.

I only drink water, coke zero or tea

I'm making the most of being out of work stripping the weight off while I have free time to put proper effort in . Once I get to the weight I want I'll cut the gym down from 6 days to 4 and 2 hours instead of the 3 I'm doing now.

If you deprive yourself of food you love you wont ever shift weight because you'll just crack then binge then bail the gym and eating routine . I'm finally realising that now.
Yeah, great what you're doing there. Enjoyment while losing weight is the best way to do it ;)

Born To Run!
I tried some barefoot running yesterday.. only intended to do 1-2km or so, but it felt good, so I carried on and ended up doing 5km - very pleased! It feels so nice to run barefoot - your feet are lighter and your stride rate is naturally a bit higher, and it promotes good natural form.

Got comprehensively taken apart at 6 a side tonight but actually played quite well in spells. We definitely won some moral victories out there (nutmeg based moral victories mostly) and feeling superb fitness wise, best I have in some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back