Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got weighed earlier 5 weeks into my weight loss and going the gym. I've done more in the gym this week than any other and ate less and had no beer at all. I got weighed after the gym and weighed the same as Saturday.

BUT I then had my dinner went for a 3 mile walk came back checked again and I've actually lost 4lb

Weird

From personal experience, you do want to temporarily boost your caloric intake (10% should do it) to push through weight loss plateaus. Try to make it protein based unless you have protein restrictions (kidney issues, etc.).

It seems counter-intuitive, but it was the only way for me to get through those periods where my metabolism found an equilibrium based on a consistent diet and workout regiment.

It could have also been water retention. Even men retain water on a monthly cycle. Hormones and what not.

Got weighed earlier 5 weeks into my weight loss and going the gym. I've done more in the gym this week than any other and ate less and had no beer at all. I got weighed after the gym and weighed the same as Saturday.

BUT I then had my dinner went for a 3 mile walk came back checked again and I've actually lost 4lb

Weird
2/3 years ago i was a right mess. Very overweight and incredibly unfit. I decided to do something about it after multiple starting/quitting diets. It was time to get serious and really go for it. I did a couple of weeks of research into eating the right foods, right time, going the gym etc... In addition i looked at my life in general and looked back on those 'other' times where i started and quit a diet and noticed a pattern (maybe the reasons why i quit).

What really helped me into losing serious weight was totally quitting Beer, sweets, soda (pop) and bread. Instantly cut these out of my life (short term). I cut out bad habits; bad habits like snacking and drinking a few beers watching a game or two on the TV, munching on snacks play video games etc... These things i just did out of habit, rather than because i was hungry.

The reason why im quoting you is because one of the main reasons why i believe i lost the weight was i quit weighing myself. I deliberatly didn't weigh myself for 3 months. I weighed myself at the start of my plan and then put the scales away and forgot about them. The reason i did this was because losing weight is mentally tough and that feeling of busting your arse, eating right and then weighing yourself and not losing anything is a hard pill to swallow; for some (those 'other' times) its enough to make you quit, which i did a few times. Why bust your arse and not see results right ?..... vice versa you could lose a ton of weight and think its easy and then start getting sloppy with your diet. Its mentally tough and can play tricks with you if you constantly are weighing yourself as your moods are up and down.

My advice to you is to weigh yourself, put the scales away and just do your thing and go at it for a period of time. Eat right, do your work outs and enjoy them and after X amount of time (for me it was 3 months) and then take a look. I just committed to 3 months and got on with it regardless, just pounded away and ate perfectly. At the end of that 3 months i had managed to lose 57lbs. Of course you have to build a certain amount of will power and its a challenge.

From personal experience, you do want to temporarily boost your caloric intake (10% should do it) to push through weight loss plateaus. Try to make it protein based unless you have protein restrictions (kidney issues, etc.).

It seems counter-intuitive, but it was the only way for me to get through those periods where my metabolism found an equilibrium based on a consistent diet and workout regiment.

It could have also been water retention. Even men retain water on a monthly cycle. Hormones and what not.
cheers mate

2/3 years ago i was a right mess. Very overweight and incredibly unfit. I decided to do something about it after multiple starting/quitting diets. It was time to get serious and really go for it. I did a couple of weeks of research into eating the right foods, right time, going the gym etc... In addition i looked at my life in general and looked back on those 'other' times where i started and quit a diet and noticed a pattern (maybe the reasons why i quit).

What really helped me into losing serious weight was totally quitting Beer, sweets, soda (pop) and bread. Instantly cut these out of my life (short term). I cut out bad habits; bad habits like snacking and drinking a few beers watching a game or two on the TV, munching on snacks play video games etc... These things i just did out of habit, rather than because i was hungry.

The reason why im quoting you is because one of the main reasons why i believe i lost the weight was i quit weighing myself. I deliberatly didn't weigh myself for 3 months. I weighed myself at the start of my plan and then put the scales away and forgot about them. The reason i did this was because losing weight is mentally tough and that feeling of busting your arse, eating right and then weighing yourself and not losing anything is a hard pill to swallow; for some (those 'other' times) its enough to make you quit, which i did a few times. Why bust your arse and not see results right ?..... vice versa you could lose a ton of weight and think its easy and then start getting sloppy with your diet. Its mentally tough and can play tricks with you if you constantly are weighing yourself as your moods are up and down.

My advice to you is to weigh yourself, put the scales away and just do your thing and go at it for a period of time. Eat right, do your work outs and enjoy them and after X amount of time (for me it was 3 months) and then take a look. I just committed to 3 months and got on with it regardless, just pounded away and ate perfectly. At the end of that 3 months i had managed to lose 57lbs. Of course you have to build a certain amount of will power and its a challenge.
great post and very helpful mate thanks. I'm Defo now going to put the scales Away for 6 weeks then look again at were I'm at. I've pretty much cut out all sweets , crisp , chocolate and beer . I'll allow myself 4 beers every 3 weeks from now on. And I only have crisp or chocolate once a week . One bar or pack no more. I know from experience if I cut everything out I will just crack and fail . I've only been at this just under 5 weeks and have lost 30lb. I've done the gym before loads of times but never as dedicated or taking it as serious as this . I'm actually enjoying it .

Cheers for the advice lads, nice one .

Just got weighed for the last time for a few weeks. 5 weeks of exercise and cutting out crap and not eating after 7pm I've lost 32lb. I'm a third of the way there. Few pints watching the boxing tonight .

What's that, like two stone?! Brilliant work mate, well done

Fantastic effort mate. How have you changed your diet? Do you have a food plan?
I worked away and of a night so I eat a lot of takeaways and drank a fair bit. Ate crisps and chocolate and other crap. Plus breakfasts of bacon and sausage and stuff.

I've cut the beer down to a few beers every 2 weeks eat one pack of crisp of mars bar a week, eat 2 wholemeal toast before the gym . Then have a ham salad or Turkey salad brown cob for dinner and eat a tea like chilli con carne with jacket spud, spag Bol , or chicken stir fry , chicken and baby potatoes and broccoli. etc mon to fri. Saturday I have a chippy and Sunday have my roast dinner. Eat fruit as well. I only drink water, 2 cups of tea a day and 2 cans of coke or fanta zero a day. Don't eat after 7pm

I've put the effort in at the gym though. 2 hours on the treadmill 6 days a week on incline average 11/12 km a day. I can't run due to a bad ankle. 1km in the pool 5 days a week. And weights 3 days. Low weight high reps. Plus go for a walk after meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back