Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good footage of a club time trialist getting passed by Wiggins in a recent 10 - think it's on one of the fastest courses in the country so he was maybe having a dig at a record - he gets overhauled in 4 and a half minutes (!), Wiggo going like a train - clocked 17.58. PB but 20 secs off Alex Dowsett's British record.
6 mins 30 secs on this:

Got a dumbbell, started doing pushups, will probably start running next week (or maybe this if I have the energy by Sunday).

Hopefully more footie, tennis and cycling over the summer!

9 & 1/2 weeks and I've hit the 50lb lost point. I don't own a pair of jeans that fit and have stuck loads of clobber on eBay.

Another 2 stone and I'll be happy but I really want to get rid of 3 stone but that will be hard

Christ, that's some going, mate. Nice one!

9 & 1/2 weeks and I've hit the 50lb lost point. I don't own a pair of jeans that fit and have stuck loads of clobber on eBay.

Another 2 stone and I'll be happy but I really want to get rid of 3 stone but that will be hard

That's amazing - well done. Basically 5lbs a week.

How've you done that mate?

Gym at least six days a week . 2 hours on the treadmill fast walking on incline then swim anything between 30 minutes to 1 hour 20 min 5 days a week then 3 low weight high rep sessions a week . Then little walk after my dinner and tea

Last Friday I started running the first hour not constant little breaks in between. Done 3 hours and 12 miles on Monday. I was goosed in the end

Diet eat about 1500/1700 cal a day Monday to Friday

Sat and sun have a chippy and a roast and maybe a pack of sweets , crisp or chocolate. Only one of them though . Have maybe 6 pints every 2 to 3 weeks. Only drink water, coke zero or tea otherwise

I've cut out sweets crisp, chocolate. Bacon , sausage . Pasty's pies other than the odd treat . Only eat brown bread

I set goals in the gym always trying to break my own times etc.

I walk a lot more of a day as well .

If I fancy something to eat like a pizza I'll have that on the weekend but make sure it's a treat not a regular thing .

I've started doing core exercise in the house as well and burpees but that's hard . Only started that this week.

Been going the gym quite regularly recently and I've got my chest and shoulders stronger than ever. Absolutely gutted I can't go at the moment.

Gym at least six days a week . 2 hours on the treadmill fast walking on incline then swim anything between 30 minutes to 1 hour 20 min 5 days a week then 3 low weight high rep sessions a week . Then little walk after my dinner and tea

Last Friday I started running the first hour not constant little breaks in between. Done 3 hours and 12 miles on Monday. I was goosed in the end

Sat and sun have a chippy and a roast and maybe a pack of sweets , crisp or chocolate. Only one of them though . Have maybe 6 pints every 2 to 3 weeks. Only drink water, coke zero or tea otherwise

I've cut out sweets crisp, chocolate. Bacon , sausage . Pasty's pies other than the odd treat . Only eat brown bread

If I fancy something to eat like a pizza I'll have that on the weekend but make sure it's a treat not a regular thing .

I've started doing core exercise in the house as well and burpees but that's hard . Only started that this week.
Well in mate. Wish I could be that disciplined lol

You've got it nailed mate, discipline but not cold turkey. Motivation only lasts so long, discipline is what makes people really achieve.

On a personal note I've been playing Sunday league the last 4 weeks, loving it (helps that we've won 3/4 games) but I seem to injure myself each time in a different way which is very frustrating for the rest of the week when I want to cycle or hit the weights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back