Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran a 5k route this evening.

18:38.
Actually happy enough with that as I didn't warm up enough, plus I have been doing no running for the last 4/5 weeks.
Reckon i'd shave another minute off it with a few weeks training

As mentioned on "fume" thread , I've been using an app of my phone when tracking my running,but it'so inconsistent that it's becoming flaming annoying.
From the little research I've done it seems Garmin is the choice of kings,any advise lids would be appreciated ?.

I'm never going to be a super fast runner ( member of the oldies thread ),never intend to do more than 10k, so I don't need a super expensive piece of equipment.Reliable, giving me the basics, distance,time,splits,Mrs B shouts from other room "heart monitor ",thinks i'm going to keel over she does !.

As mentioned on "fume" thread , I've been using an app of my phone when tracking my running,but it'so inconsistent that it's becoming flaming annoying.
From the little research I've done it seems Garmin is the choice of kings,any advise lids would be appreciated ?.

I'm never going to be a super fast runner ( member of the oldies thread ),never intend to do more than 10k, so I don't need a super expensive piece of equipment.Reliable, giving me the basics, distance,time,splits,Mrs B shouts from other room "heart monitor ",thinks i'm going to keel over she does !.

My preference is a smartphone with 4G services - can do everything that you need, and cheaper than a dedicated Garmin. Blutooth heart rate monitor is the perfect companion for it. I use it in very urban areas and it still keeps accurate tracking. The Location Based Services is much better today than it was a few years ago.

Ran a 5k route this evening.

18:38.
Actually happy enough with that as I didn't warm up enough, plus I have been doing no running for the last 4/5 weeks.
Reckon i'd shave another minute off it with a few weeks training

Very quick. What's your PB over 5k?

I use a suunto ambit. It's quite an old model now so you might be able to get it at a good price.

Fantastic piece of kit.

Cycled this climb last week.

5396a8f3_l.jpeg

Very quick. What's your PB over 5k?
Not sure.
Probably a bit faster, if I have been doing some running and laying off other activities.
I've never really put together 2/3 months of running training as I play lots of other sports and I only use some slow jogging to loosen out or light cardio session

Got to the best shape I've been in months but since being rear ended a couple of weeks ago I've not been able to go to the gym at all. I've lost nearly all motivation in work and I can't be arsed to do anything! Hate it.

Looks beautiful, and you're right, a tough climb. Looks like some cracking riding around that area. Were you there for an event or just some riding of your own choosing?

Just on my own choosing, I was touring and the weather was pretty bad so that was my main climb. The other nearby cols were closed, the snow line was still pretty low. Still happy to get that climb under my belt and the scenery was stunning throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back