Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a new pre-workout today: BSN NO Xplode. Pretty good stuff.

I had a go of that once, after a week I became tolerable to it. It was good in that first week but then suddenly it became ineffective.

Some naughty pre workouts out there that I have heard some nutty stuff about. Think my next one will be a heavy one.

Just don't take them late evening otherwise its goodbye to your sleeping pattern

I had a go of that once, after a week I became tolerable to it. It was good in that first week but then suddenly it became ineffective.

Some naughty pre workouts out there that I have heard some nutty stuff about. Think my next one will be a heavy one.

Just don't take them late evening otherwise its goodbye to your sleeping pattern

It's only caffeine in large hits that give you the buzz, nothing special or heavy about them. Some products used to contain Dimethylamylamine (1,3 DMAA), it had the same structure as ephedrine, but this as since been banned in the UK.

People who go the gym are massively sold by the supplement industry without having an understanding of what the products actually do. Creative is the only supplement really required. It's been extensively tested and the benefits are known.

I'd recommend people read www.examine.com to get an understanding before wasting unnecessary money

I've never been into these preworkout powders, overpriced for what you need. Just buy some Beta-Alanine, creatine, caffeine and L-Arginine; the basic components and will give you exactly the same outcome
Would that stuff give me the same energy levels? I always go after work and after a bitch of a 1 hour drive back through London so I need a pick me up.

I had the same with C4, which was also a bit more expensive.

The original formula Jack3d seems to have legendary status amongst gym goers. Never tried it but the very first time I had a pre workout it made me feel horrible and could only take half a scoop. By the end of the tub I was taking 1.5 scoops per session.

The first one I ever had was Musclepharm Assault. Decent stuff.

It's only caffeine in large hits that give you the buzz, nothing special or heavy about them. Some products used to contain Dimethylamylamine (1,3 DMAA), it had the same structure as ephedrine, but this as since been banned in the UK.

People who go the gym are massively sold by the supplement industry without having an understanding of what the products actually do. Creative is the only supplement really required. It's been extensively tested and the benefits are known.

I'd recommend people read www.examine.com to get an understanding before wasting unnecessary money
I try not to get sucked in by supplements. I only take protein and oats shakes, pre workout and BCAA's during my workout. All of those have specific affects to my diet so I'm happy to pay the money if I feel it's helping me to progress.
And you fellas accuse me of doping?
lol

Would that stuff give me the same energy levels? I always go after work and after a bitch of a 1 hour drive back through London so I need a pick me up.

I had the same with C4, which was also a bit more expensive.

The original formula Jack3d seems to have legendary status amongst gym goers. Never tried it but the very first time I had a pre workout it made me feel horrible and could only take half a scoop. By the end of the tub I was taking 1.5 scoops per session.

The first one I ever had was Musclepharm Assault. Decent stuff.

If you look at the main ingredients of noxplode and there uses and you'll see the majority of pre workouts use the same:
Methylxanthine - is the stimulant, some other companies may list this as caffeine
Creatine Ethyl Ester - we know what this
L-tyrosin - an amino acid that alleges to build neurotransmitters, essentially allowing increased performance. There is no scientific evidence to support this however
Arginine-alpha ketoglutaric acid (argine AKG) - this is the nitric oxide (the NO in the name of the product. Intended to increase blood flow, this is what gives you the vascular look
Beta-alanine - another amino acid that improves fatigue when working out.

There's all other ingredients in there as well such as sweetners, thickners, vitamins and simple sugars.

The product contains about 275mg of caffeine, considering a regular sized cup of brewed coffee contains 85mg. It's quite a hit in one go, that's your energy spike.

You mention Jack3d, this product made that company because it contained 1,3 DMAA, it's why it gained such legendary status, it was the first company to use it IIRC. Quite a dangerous stimulant with the same structure as certain banned substances

Others I cannot comment as I've never used them

My Garmin Forerunner 35 arrived, absolutely love it. Smart little thing so will be wearing it for casual too, and seems to do quite a bit more than a Fitbit. Pairs to your phone and gives you messages, so I can leave my phone in my bag. End of using Strava too, as it pairs to the Garmin app wonderfully, which again means I don't have to have my phone nearby, just sync when I'm done.

Will push me to run further at 5 a side too, beat my distance each time. Vibrates a little every time you do a mile which is cool.

Recommend it, or a more fancy one if you're so inclined. Only thing you can't use it for is swimming but that's not my bag anyway, and that's what the pricier models are for.

My Garmin Forerunner 35 arrived, absolutely love it. Smart little thing so will be wearing it for casual too, and seems to do quite a bit more than a Fitbit. Pairs to your phone and gives you messages, so I can leave my phone in my bag. End of using Strava too, as it pairs to the Garmin app wonderfully, which again means I don't have to have my phone nearby, just sync when I'm done.

Will push me to run further at 5 a side too, beat my distance each time. Vibrates a little every time you do a mile which is cool.

Recommend it, or a more fancy one if you're so inclined. Only thing you can't use it for is swimming but that's not my bag anyway, and that's what the pricier models are for.
I mean a Fitbit will literally do all of the above, and I think the new one is swim proof as well.

This is from someone who has a garmin edge 350 for my bike

Pulled a ligament in my back over two weeks ago.
Have been in agony since. Should have taken a week off work.
Relapsed last Friday again, agony.

The best relief is lying down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back