Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can be bothered reading all of this some advice would be helpful.

I've got a relentlessly fast metabolism that I thought would have slowed a bit but I've recently turned 29 (ffs) and there's no signs of it calming at all.

I eat every 2/3 hours and have 5 or 6 meals a day, with 2 or 3 protein & oats shakes in between the meals, but I keep getting pains in my stomach and chest, it makes me burp and can also make me feel quite light headed at times. I get almost a cold sensation in my chest even as soon as an hour after eating sometimes and it feels a bit like acid reflux (from what I gather).

I lift weights at the gym 5 times a week so obviously my body will be using up a lot of energy, and I'm the heaviest I've ever been and so my metabolism seems to be faster than ever.

By the end of today I will have eaten: -

8am:
- 5 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk.
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops ground oats shake

10.30am:
- 3 eggs scrambled and 2 pieces of toast

1pm:
- 150g brown pasta, 150g lean beef mince, onions, tomato and mushroom.

3pm:
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops ground oats shake.

5pm:
- Same as meal at 1pm.

7pm: Get to the gym
- 2 bananas and a flapjack

8.30: After gym
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops oats shake.

9.30pm:
- Piece of fish or steak, jacket potato and 100g quinoa or brown rice.

Seems a lot of food to be eating to still be feeling hungry all the time. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Mind you, roller skating in the buff around Hooters every night must take it out of you ?

Probably the fittest I've ever been 'all round' right now. I either improved my strength quite a bit or my cardio in the past, never both together. Feels good. Though I have to listen to my body a hell of a lot more now at the ripe old age of 26 having abused it previously with poor stretching etc. I go hard in the sessions, but I only seem capable of doing 2 cardio sessions a week max or the shin splints rear their head. That's generally enough though with the 2 weekly strength sessions in there too.

Thinking of giving crossfit a go soon.

Probably the fittest I've ever been 'all round' right now. I either improved my strength quite a bit or my cardio in the past, never both together. Feels good. Though I have to listen to my body a hell of a lot more now at the ripe old age of 26 having abused it previously with poor stretching etc. I go hard in the sessions, but I only seem capable of doing 2 cardio sessions a week max or the shin splints rear their head. That's generally enough though with the 2 weekly strength sessions in there too.

Thinking of giving crossfit a go soon.
Find a Crossfit with a good coach.
A lot of those Crossfit places are run by lads who haven't got a clue about olympic lifting, loading, training cycles and recovery

I've got a relentlessly fast metabolism that I thought would have slowed a bit but I've recently turned 29 (ffs) and there's no signs of it calming at all.

I eat every 2/3 hours and have 5 or 6 meals a day, with 2 or 3 protein & oats shakes in between the meals, but I keep getting pains in my stomach and chest, it makes me burp and can also make me feel quite light headed at times. I get almost a cold sensation in my chest even as soon as an hour after eating sometimes and it feels a bit like acid reflux (from what I gather).

I lift weights at the gym 5 times a week so obviously my body will be using up a lot of energy, and I'm the heaviest I've ever been and so my metabolism seems to be faster than ever.

8am:

10.30am:

1pm:

3pm:

5pm:
- Same as meal at 1pm.

9.30pm:

Seems a lot of food to be eating to still be feeling hungry all the time. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Have you tried adding some fats, apart from the eggs do you have another healthy fats in your diet

I used to always through 2tbsp of EVOO in my protein shakes instead of the oats to keep the calories high whilst cutting, although I appreciate you're not. Find fats keep me fuller for longer than the carbs.

Have you tried adding some fats, apart from the eggs do you have another healthy fats in your diet

I used to always through 2tbsp of EVOO in my protein shakes instead of the oats to keep the calories high whilst cutting, although I appreciate you're not. Find fats keep me fuller for longer than the carbs.
You obviously know more about this stuff than I do. Avocado is a good fat isn't it? Although I hate those slimy tasteless things.

I base most of my meals around good carbs/high protein. So I normally eat brown pasta, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potato, jacket potato. Not sure how much fat is in that lot.

You make it sound so easy Bruce but I haven't got a jar of glue!!

Do a Google for BMR calculator. Weight training for a guy of ~85kg is around 260 calories per hour. That'll give you a rough idea of what you're burning, although if you're building then that will need to be taken into account.

Then just keep a food diary for a week or two to give you an idea of what you're eating.

You obviously know more about this stuff than I do. Avocado is a good fat isn't it? Although I hate those slimy tasteless things.

I base most of my meals around good carbs/high protein. So I normally eat brown pasta, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potato, jacket potato. Not sure how much fat is in that lot.

Avocado is a fantastic fat, but like you I can't stand it, it has a vile texture and is tasteless.

25g or so of almonds, unsalted cashews, walnuts with your protein shake or drop 15ml of EVOO or Flax Oil into your shakes and see if it fills you up. Or the king of snacks, good old peanut butter

I get very bloated off carbs so mine is minimal, about 150g or so the rest is fats.

I'd also look at maybe dropping the oats PWO and go for a higher GI carb like dextrose. A good 60/70g serving with your protein shake

8am:

10.30am:

1pm:

3pm:

5pm:
- Same as meal at 1pm.

9.30pm:

In regards to the stomach/chest pain and burping it definitely sounds like acid reflux, I had the same thing and it also coincided with me working out more. Mine was fixed by simply eating 'Tums' for a while. I can only assume it's a problem we elite athletes face ;)

Do a Google for BMR calculator. Weight training for a guy of ~85kg is around 260 calories per hour. That'll give you a rough idea of what you're burning, although if you're building then that will need to be taken into account.

Then just keep a food diary for a week or two to give you an idea of what you're eating.

Avocado is a fantastic fat, but like you I can't stand it, it has a vile texture and is tasteless.

25g or so of almonds, unsalted cashews, walnuts with your protein shake or drop 15ml of EVOO or Flax Oil into your shakes and see if it fills you up. Or the king of snacks, good old peanut butter

I get very bloated off carbs so mine is minimal, about 150g or so the rest is fats.

I'd also look at maybe dropping the oats PWO and go for a higher GI carb like dextrose. A good 60/70g serving with your protein shake

In regards to the stomach/chest pain and burping it definitely sounds like acid reflux, I had the same thing and it also coincided with me working out more. Mine was fixed by simply eating 'Tums' for a while. I can only assume it's a problem we elite athletes face ;)

Cheers lads. I'll try and dissect all this and buy some stuff over the weekend.

And CCF yeah one of my mates has it and it's plagued him for years. Although he's overweight and never works out. I'll ask him about it.

Just realised I've stopped eating nuts recently but up until Christmas I was eating them every day, and I don't remember experiencing this to this extent. I'll go back to that and see how it goes.

How good are pistachios though.

I'm going to buy a Garmin Forerunner 35 later on, should push me when I'm being a lazy Berbatov type at 5 a side and also aid my fitness event training, currently nowhere near ready for a Tough Mudder but its in the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back