Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the gym two weeks before Xmas 2/3 times a week.

Lots of skipping
Squats, deadlifts, overhead press, cleans, thrusters, pull ups, off the floor push ups

Feels good

I got a fitness watch fro.m my daughter for Christmas
Its great ive done11456 steps today and my heartbeat is normal
Unsure how i get it back to normal time mode but aparrt from that its fine

Just bought a stand thing for the bike to turn it in to an exercise bike. Gets good reviews, hope it's decent.

They're good for this time of year. The main challenge is finding something to occupy your mind as they can be mentally tough to keep the motivation up. I don't use them myself, but a lot of people use things like Sufferfest workouts, or if the trainer is a new one, something like Zwift.

They're good for this time of year. The main challenge is finding something to occupy your mind as they can be mentally tough to keep the motivation up. I don't use them myself, but a lot of people use things like Sufferfest workouts, or if the trainer is a new one, something like Zwift.
MIL had a tiny like 14" tv she gave us so I hung it in the rafters of the basement. I'm hoping something will keep me going, maybe Everton dvds or something.

Does anyone have any good diet plans I could follow that would allow me to put weight on?

I'm 6'2 and weigh 13 1/2 stone, but can't seem to get any higher past this weight.

I've gotten stronger in the gym, but don't seem to be gaining noticable muscle. Starting to frustrate me.

Outside of the past few weeks with Christmas, I'm in the gym at least 5/6 times a week.

Thanks.
May be over training, unless your jabbing, 5 or 6 weights sessions a week is too much if you are naturally thin. Try 3 or 4 sessions a week and really concentrate on compound lifts and setting personal goals with the big 3, squats, deads and bench press. I try adding 50kg to my combined total every 6 months. Easy to begin with but the longer you train the tougher it becomes. Eat loads and if you are bulking don't worry about it always being totally clean food.

Does anyone have any good diet plans I could follow that would allow me to put weight on?

I'm 6'2 and weigh 13 1/2 stone, but can't seem to get any higher past this weight.

I've gotten stronger in the gym, but don't seem to be gaining noticable muscle. Starting to frustrate me.

Outside of the past few weeks with Christmas, I'm in the gym at least 5/6 times a week.

Thanks.

How much you eating now and when do you train?
Are you doing cardio as well as lifting?
How physical is your job?
How would you describe your metabolism, do you usually struggle to gain weight?

MIL had a tiny like 14" tv she gave us so I hung it in the rafters of the basement. I'm hoping something will keep me going, maybe Everton dvds or something.
Nothing will keep you going, I have a turbo trainer that has been used once, utterly tedious even with DVD's etc.

If you can stick it out you're a better man than me, also it destroys your tyre so if you've got dear ones on the bike swap the back one for a cheapo

Nothing will keep you going, I have a turbo trainer that has been used once, utterly tedious even with DVD's etc.

If you can stick it out you're a better man than me, also it destroys your tyre so if you've got dear ones on the bike swap the back one for a cheapo
Yeah read that, cheap tyres so I'm ok with burning through them. Maybe I can glue a PS4 controller to the handlebars.

Oh, and as big a fan as you can find, as you tend to sweat buckets :) If you're into pro cycling then cyclingtorrents.nl has a load of old race footage you can download. It helps to have a routine to follow though rather than just getting on and cycling. Another trick I learned is that you're more motivated if the clock counts down rather than up.

I quite enjoy mine :D All a state of mind, plus I tend to train for Alpine mountains, which you can't really train for on UK hills, so the turbo is often the best alternative. I usually stick an old pair of GPS4000 on my wheels (it's my commuter bike on the turbo) and it's fine usually. Haven't noticed the tires getting wrecked in the 7 years or so I've had the turbo.

If anyone can be bothered reading all of this some advice would be helpful.

I've got a relentlessly fast metabolism that I thought would have slowed a bit but I've recently turned 29 (ffs) and there's no signs of it calming at all.

I eat every 2/3 hours and have 5 or 6 meals a day, with 2 or 3 protein & oats shakes in between the meals, but I keep getting pains in my stomach and chest, it makes me burp and can also make me feel quite light headed at times. I get almost a cold sensation in my chest even as soon as an hour after eating sometimes and it feels a bit like acid reflux (from what I gather).

I lift weights at the gym 5 times a week so obviously my body will be using up a lot of energy, and I'm the heaviest I've ever been and so my metabolism seems to be faster than ever.

By the end of today I will have eaten: -

8am:
- 5 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk.
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops ground oats shake

10.30am:
- 3 eggs scrambled and 2 pieces of toast

1pm:
- 150g brown pasta, 150g lean beef mince, onions, tomato and mushroom.

3pm:
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops ground oats shake.

5pm:
- Same as meal at 1pm.

7pm: Get to the gym
- 2 bananas and a flapjack

8.30: After gym
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops oats shake.

9.30pm:
- Piece of fish or steak, jacket potato and 100g quinoa or brown rice.

Seems a lot of food to be eating to still be feeling hungry all the time. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Do the maths. Work out your BMR, add in the exercise you do, take account of your work (which is quite active?), and then subtract the food you're eating. It won't be 100% accurate, but it'll give you a rough idea.

If anyone can be bothered reading all of this some advice would be helpful.

I've got a relentlessly fast metabolism that I thought would have slowed a bit but I've recently turned 29 (ffs) and there's no signs of it calming at all.

I eat every 2/3 hours and have 5 or 6 meals a day, with 2 or 3 protein & oats shakes in between the meals, but I keep getting pains in my stomach and chest, it makes me burp and can also make me feel quite light headed at times. I get almost a cold sensation in my chest even as soon as an hour after eating sometimes and it feels a bit like acid reflux (from what I gather).

I lift weights at the gym 5 times a week so obviously my body will be using up a lot of energy, and I'm the heaviest I've ever been and so my metabolism seems to be faster than ever.

By the end of today I will have eaten: -

8am:
- 5 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk.
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops ground oats shake

10.30am:
- 3 eggs scrambled and 2 pieces of toast

1pm:
- 150g brown pasta, 150g lean beef mince, onions, tomato and mushroom.

3pm:
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops ground oats shake.

5pm:
- Same as meal at 1pm.

7pm: Get to the gym
- 2 bananas and a flapjack

8.30: After gym
- 1 scoop protein/2 scoops oats shake.

9.30pm:
- Piece of fish or steak, jacket potato and 100g quinoa or brown rice.

Seems a lot of food to be eating to still be feeling hungry all the time. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Off to the docs mate and get checked out, you may have a tapeworm x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back