Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six month diabetic review. Blood sugar down from 6.8 to 6.3, cholesterol 3.2 and since April i've lost almost a stone. Doctor has promised if in six months time blood sugar is down again she will look at reducing my pills. Result!

It's deffo got something to do with all those different beers you drink at the weekend ;)

Great news, you're living proof, that despite what the proffesionals say, you can be diabetic and drink lots of beer !

Not a wum, anyone ever used Creatinine as a supplement as part of their training programme ?.

Can it be used with running ?.

I've read quite a bit of contradictiory stuff about it. Some good, some bad and other stuff says that it does nothing at all.
I did for a bit but stopped because I read that it can cause you to go bald. I did a bit of research and it's not clear cut, it may or it may not.

I was doing deadlifts yesterday evening and on the first set I got this horrible hot pain in my stomach in a small concentrated area. The only thing I could think of is it could be a hernia. I did a quick Google search and turns out deadlifts can cause hernias. Adjusted my form and did the last three sets fine. Very strange.

I was doing deadlifts yesterday evening and on the first set I got this horrible hot pain in my stomach in a small concentrated area. The only thing I could think of is it could be a hernia. I did a quick Google search and turns out deadlifts can cause hernias. Adjusted my form and did the last three sets fine. Very strange.
Dunno whether it was overdoing my physio exercises at the start of my sessions, but I strained my abdominal muscles, around the diaphragm area (basically between my belly button and my lad). It was excruciating, especially during the old you-know-what with the missus.

Dunno whether it was overdoing my physio exercises at the start of my sessions, but I strained my abdominal muscles, around the diaphragm area (basically between my belly button and my lad). It was excruciating, especially during the old you-know-what with the missus.
My mum had a hernia a few years ago and to remove it they had to remove a bit of muscle too. It took her years to get over it. So I really, really don't want one.
Clear as mud then !

Ps - I've had a hernia. You can get them in different areas and normally show themselves as small lump which aches after exercise.
Yep! It's obviously good for building muscle so I suppose it could help in some way. I don't know much about it at all though.

It felt like a ball shaped lump trying to come out of my stomach. I think I was using my core too much and not my legs and back. I was fine after that.

4 sets of 4 - 7 reps of 140kg, by the way. Chuffed with that.

My mum had a hernia a few years ago and to remove it they had to remove a bit of muscle too. It took her years to get over it. So I really, really don't want one.

It felt like a ball shaped lump trying to come out of my stomach. I think I was using my core too much and not my legs and back. I was fine after that.

4 sets of 4 - 7 reps of 140kg, by the way. Chuffed with that.

Sounds like the start of a hernia mate, go and get it checked out.

Not a wum by the way

For some unbeknownst reason, I'm absolutely loving the indoor rower at the moment. Seen a mate post his time for the 2000m and I'm determined to beat it.

Got a couple of 2000m rows under my belt in the last week and now going to start splitting up sessions and introducing 8x500m rows with 90s rest while keeping each 500m under 1m40s. Heard it's a killer.

You really find out a lot about yourself in the last 500m of a 2k let me tell you.

For some unbeknownst reason, I'm absolutely loving the indoor rower at the moment. Seen a mate post his time for the 2000m and I'm determined to beat it.

Got a couple of 2000m rows under my belt in the last week and now going to start splitting up sessions and introducing 8x500m rows with 90s rest while keeping each 500m under 1m40s. Heard it's a killer.

You really find out a lot about yourself in the last 500m of a 2k let me tell you.
What's your time? Just curious

I'd hit 1:40 for 1000m, without straining.

I'm back in gym mode after 2/3 months of not bothering.
It's amazing how the muscle memory stays.
Snatches coming along nicely, and doing a lot of single leg work - multi direction lunges, single leg deadlifts, split squats etc

What's your time? Just curious

I'd hit 1:40 for 1000m, without straining.

I'm back in gym mode after 2/3 months of not bothering.
It's amazing how the muscle memory stays.
Snatches coming along nicely, and doing a lot of single leg work - multi direction lunges, single leg deadlifts, split squats etc

Mate if you were hitting 1000m in 1:40 I'd be on the phone to Guinness World Records if I were you. Or are you talking about 1:40/500m as an average?

My very first 2000m was 7:48 so looking to improving that considerably. Got a program from a mate and it looks like there are some seriously dark sessions in there!

Not a wum, anyone ever used Creatinine as a supplement as part of their training programme ?.

Can it be used with running ?.

I've read quite a bit of contradictiory stuff about it. Some good, some bad and other stuff says that it does nothing at all.

Yes, it can, although not directly, but it has been shown to be beneficial in supplemental ways such as recovery etc.
Creatine is probably the most tested and researched training supplement there has ever been, and the majority of the evidence suggests that many (most?) people who are training seriously could benefit from it.
Ben Greenfield says its the only supplement he regularly takes (though not a lot, about 5g/day).

Mate if you were hitting 1000m in 1:40 I'd be on the phone to Guinness World Records if I were you. Or are you talking about 1:40/500m as an average?

My very first 2000m was 7:48 so looking to improving that considerably. Got a program from a mate and it looks like there are some seriously dark sessions in there!
Wooooaaah
I see what I did there!

Yes, it can, although not directly, but it has been shown to be beneficial in supplemental ways such as recovery etc.
Creatine is probably the most tested and researched training supplement there has ever been, and the majority of the evidence suggests that many (most?) people who are training seriously could benefit from it.
Ben Greenfield says its the only supplement he regularly takes (though not a lot, about 5g/day).

Thanks mate. I was wondering more than anything, how it should be used. By what your saying there, is that it should be used after training to aid recovery ?.

Thanks mate. I was wondering more than anything, how it should be used. By what your saying there, is that it should be used after training to aid recovery ?.

Nah, it isn't really window specific like that. Your muscles stores creatine for a few days, so as long as you take a little a day it should be fine. Not too much though, because it'll cause water retention which will add to your weight which is not what most runners want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back