Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have him there mate, where are his qualifications, when you could have an experienced board member who could add value, maybe even invest or bring investment and expertise into the Everton boardroom. Not someone who will just be just another layer of support for Bill Kenwright. Boris Johnson done exactly the same, brought in layers and layers of loyalty, Pritti Patel, Truss, Nadine Dorries, Jacob Rees Mogg, now these people were absolutely thick but they were loyal and look where the Country is now ! Much like Everton really, that's what happens when you surround yourself with incompetence.

I agree.

Someone did something on Twitter recently citing the expertise of all CEO’s chairmen and compared it to Everton. We’re a farce.

Graeme Sharp has absolutely zero right to be on the board. He’s there because he’s a “yes” man, who thinks the sun shines out of our chairman’s backside.

But why would he turn it down? Significant pay rise and all he’s going to do is agree with what Bill says.

Only club who appoint inexperienced people. What is that getting us? Ah… relegated.

He takes some blame for propping up a rancid regime.

He has soft power in that respect, just like Snodin and Stuart.

There's a time when speaking out has to trump personal vested interests - not so much now as he's a board member and they have to take collective responsibility. But he was rewarded with that position for helping to screen Kenwright from criticism while working as a pundit.

But there's other organisations around the club that feed off them and have a parasitical releationship who weild that soft power too.

They're all to blame alongside Sharp.

He's no legend for me now. He's damaged goods in that respect.
I really wasn’t sure whether to agree with (like) this post but having thought about it, somewhat reluctantly I had to agree/like.

I’ll always have fond memories of him in a blue shirt, giving his all and scoring goals etc.

However, his duplicity with the board particularly over this past week cannot be excused.
I hoped he might be the one to break ranks with Kenwright and resign on principle but, sadly he appears to want to tough it out with a board that is beyond redemption.

I really wasn’t sure whether to agree with (like) this post but having thought about it, somewhat reluctantly I had to agree/like.

I’ll always have fond memories of him in a blue shirt, giving his all and scoring goals etc.

However, his duplicity with the board particularly over this past week cannot be excused.
I hoped he might be the one to break ranks with Kenwright and resign on principle but, sadly he appears to want to tough it out with a board that is beyond redemption.
If he had any dignity Andy he would have resigned, to at least show solidarity with the fans.

But we know he’s in the “inner circle”, has been for years and he won’t rock that boat

He takes some blame for propping up a rancid regime.

He has soft power in that respect, just like Snodin and Stuart.

There's a time when speaking out has to trump personal vested interests - not so much now as he's a board member and they have to take collective responsibility. But he was rewarded with that position for helping to screen Kenwright from criticism while working as a pundit.

But there's other organisations around the club that feed off them and have a parasitical releationship who weild that soft power too.

They're all to blame alongside Sharp.

He's no legend for me now. He's damaged goods in that respect.
Brilliant post Dave....... cough my tea up saying that

If he had any dignity Andy he would have resigned, to at least show solidarity with the fans.

But we know he’s in the “inner circle”, has been for years and he won’t rock that boat
I was just thinking Chris, his greatest legacy was ‘that’ goal across the park.

He scored ‘that’ and every other goal for Everton and us, the fans.

By staying quiet and not showing any form of self respect, dignity or whatever you want to call it, I feel his legacy will now be mainly as a Kenwright patsy.

Sad really.

I was just thinking Chris, his greatest legacy was ‘that’ goal across the park.

He scored ‘that’ and every other goal for Everton and us, the fans.

By staying quiet and not showing any form of self respect, dignity or whatever you want to call it, I feel his legacy will now be mainly as a Kenwright patsy.

Sad really.
Only by idiots who have tunnel vision. Ferguson loves "his chairman", should he be tarnished with the same brush?

Based on Stubb’s outburst, you can only assume that the rest of our deadly-silent ex stars are still getting their match tickets, the bad bunch of flanges! (Ps, I don't count all of them in that statement, but anyone who has played for us when we were winning things should be shouting from the rooftops at our decline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back