Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge him by what he did on the pitch, one of our greatest, right now he is just sucked into the current mess, but he will always be one of our heros
He was our 2nd highest scorer to Dixie Dean, but what did Dixie get, a storeman job at Littlewoods warehouse, then a very late Testermonial game - not a cushy job for life as a PR man ....

No one is guaranteed a job for life nowadays - it's an - Everton That moment ..... I am sad to say, systemic from our board downwards ....

Judge him by what he did on the pitch, one of our greatest, right now he is just sucked into the current mess, but he will always be one of our heros
I agree, yes he could walk, but he will be on a good wedge. I expect these LIARS to walk away as one. Hopefully before this season ends. We cant have any of them at the start of next season. This disaster will never make me forget Sharpe the player, but as an old bugger I saw good times. Most of the poor sods now, just listen to our stories.

Respect him as player, not as a person. He has a attitude problem. Passive aggressive, condescending and disingenuous.

His book, talking about the latter stages of his career at Everton, he bemoans the fall from grace, “how far Everton have fallen” yet for years after his playing days he has obnoxiously defended exactly that.

There are ways of going about things even in disagreement and the way he does is poor.

It’s clear it’s a self indulgent regime he is part of , it benefits him and the others but does not benefit the club itself. And this is part of the reason why the club is the way it is.

Two clubs in close proximity in the same city. It’s no coincidence one is substantially more successful than the other. Tough if you don’t like that, it’s the truth .

Not that he would be bothered, I wouldn’t give him the time of day honestly.

Think it was Gary Owen (ex-City) along with Mickey Thomas (ex-Wrexham, Everton, Manure and Brighton) and Jim Beglin (ex-RS) although I may be wrong on the last one.

Not entirely sure it was Red Rose but it was definitely the 'drive home' show on Radio Piccadilly (or maybe Radio Manchester).
The legends phone in on century 105 fm. The RS was Alan Kennedy. Sharpy gave the impression he was very pleased to say he was part of the last Everton title winners. So much he wouldn't want any others after him.

Why have him there mate, where are his qualifications, when you could have an experienced board member who could add value, maybe even invest or bring investment and expertise into the Everton boardroom. Not someone who will just be just another layer of support for Bill Kenwright. Boris Johnson done exactly the same, brought in layers and layers of loyalty, Pritti Patel, Truss, Nadine Dorries, Jacob Rees Mogg, now these people were absolutely thick but they were loyal and look where the Country is now ! Much like Everton really, that's what happens when you surround yourself with incompetence.

Yeah. I know people who would agree 100% with your take on where the country is now and how we got there, but can't see fault in Kenwright. This is what we are up against.

He was our 2nd highest scorer to Dixie Dean, but what did Dixie get, a storeman job at Littlewoods warehouse, then a very late Testermonial game - not a cushy job for life as a PR man ....
No one is guaranteed a job for life nowadays - it's an - Everton That moment ..... I am sad to say, systemic from our board downwards ....
Wow can't believe I'm liking you're posts..

Trying to alienate Pat Nevin coz he didn't want to go bevying with the team during pre season,instead choosing to have a look round the city they where in always stuck with me.... "l always knew he wouldn't fit in not coming for a drink with the boys"...

No wonder he turned them down if that helmet was anything to go by.

Pat is cool , i would rather hang about with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back