Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

he's let the fa and media pick the side they want. then tried to find a system to allow that. he's had no chance, but has been happy to take the money and waste another generation of footballers. he is a symptom of the pressure the game provides in this country. It'll take a monster ego to step in and throw his weight around to get the outside influences back out of the conversation.
That and the expectations raised by the media. We look miles off it and yet are the same squad the media experts were lauding as having a real chance only days ago. So the media pile in because their previous click bait nonsense looks pretty stupid. Again, not a defence of Southgate, but some context.

Indeed but they have no given right to be in control.

For me it felt like exactly what it was, a cagey match between the two strongest teams in the group.
I don’t know. I don’t think this Denmark team is particularly good. Not compared to their team of 3 years ago. Bif of a worry being outplayed by them IMO

I said before the game we’d play for a draw and nothing I saw during the game suggested otherwise. Embarrassing tbh.
They are bang average - even by Danish standards (which, because the country is small, can only be intermittently high).

And they aren't a patch on their 1984 side which was their greatest. A magnificent team to watch: Lerby, Arnesen, Morten Olsen, Laudrup, Elkjaer-Larsen... wonderful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back