Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

England are totally lost in my opinion.

Static, slow, lazy, sloppy, stagnant, nervous, no ideas, no energy, no enthusiasm.

Playing a right back in centre mid in the hope he can hit long balls is desperate. Meanwhile the other top teams have established high-quality midfielders who are experts in their positions.

The absolute worst part for me is how compact and slow they play. When in possession, there is zero movement, no one making runs, dragging opposition players. They all just amble around, or literally stand still, waiting for something to happen.

Southgate should’ve solved this already, but appears to be clueless. This should’ve all been ironed out during qualifiers and friendlies.

Likewise, you’d hope the players have enough about them to solve the problems themselves in-game, but that is shockingly absent. They looked scared and clueless in the second half today.

At this rate, I expect England to squeeze through to the second round, get knocked out then, and be lucky not to get an absolute hiding by a coherent team that actually play functional, coherent football.

I agree with you. He's a great athlete and produces great moments but he isn't a classy player on the ball. James Rodriguez is what a classy player on the ball looks like and Bellingham isn't that. Nowhere near the level Rooney was either.

He has some massive PR campaign going on and willing supporters on the BBC and ITV Euro teams kissing his ass.

I say what I see: a decent player who has miles to progress to be seen as a great one.

Suddenly ? He won Bundesliga player of the season playing the 8 role. He only started playing as a 10 when he went to Madrid and Ancelotti made him play there at the start of the season due to injuries. He smashed it and ended up playing there the entire season.
Does he play 10 for Madrid? Though he was more of a false 9. Either way he won't play there next season.

England do have some actual world beaters in the squad. And yet it was plainly obvious to see which team was better coached, and it wasn’t England.
They do indeed.

They don't have a particularly good team as a whole though which means it will often rely on a bit of magic or set pieces to get anywhere.

Loads of individual talent but no real unity or anything.

Watching the "analysis" on the BBC right now and you know it's not going to be up to much when it's all "Jude" and "Declan" and "Conor".

Christ.

Must be trolling the nation at this point with his Philips comment
The Italians: "We have no great stars like Paolo Rossi, Roberto Baggio, or Andrea Pirlo anymore."

The Germans: "We have no fearsome world-class striker like Gerd Müller, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, or Jürgen Klinsmann anymore."

Gareth Southgate: "We have no Kalvin Phillips."

Standards, lads.

Last edited:
The Italians: "We have no great stars like Paolo Rossi, Roberto Baggio, or Andrea Pirlo anymore."

The Germans: "We have no fearsome world-class striker like Gerd Müller, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, or Jürgen Klinsmann anymore."

Gareth Southgate: "We have no Kalvin Philipps."

Standards, lads.
England where shocking tonight.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back