• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

I’m one of Southgate’s biggest apologists on here but he has to stop being a bellend with the midfield now. He’s done lots of good things but he’s still way too English when it comes to setting up a midfield

We looked a lot better with Mainoo on. Has to be him or Wharton alongside Rice in our defeat to the Dutch on Sunday

Gordan barely had a chance to but all the other made an improvement.

Not a huge improvement admittedly but with luck Southgate will trial and error his way into a semblance of a team.
Gordon did brilliantly at one stage to thread a pass through to set up a crossing opportunity. I think it was the first time this tournament that en England player had passed through the lines

I’m one of Southgate’s biggest apologists on here but he has to stop being a bellend with the midfield now. He’s done lots of good things but he’s still way too English when it comes to setting up a midfield

We looked a lot better with Mainoo on. Has to be him or Wharton alongside Rice in our defeat to the Dutch on Sunday

He’s not being a bell end, he just doesn’t have a clue. Some of us have been trying to say this.

Roy, Capello, Keegan, Taylor.

Likeable or not, he'd brought back some pride in supporting the country... even if that's now been forgotten by many now.

Sunday could very well be his last game and I don't think anyone, Southgate included, would he too upset by that
Keegan and taylor were abit before my time so can't really give my opinion on them, but I don't get the whole brought pride back and that, he's been lucky almost every tournament in the draws he's been given, every single time we have faced a decent ( not even good ) team in any tournament we've bene knocked out.

The only one game he's won is Germany in the last euros, a way below par Germany team at Wembley, every other decent team have beat us. He's a terrible manager.

Get him gone ASAP and get someone decent in to make the most out of this squad.

Gordon and Palmer in for the next game. Bellingham and Saka out. Mainoo or Wharton in for Gallagher
Drop Foden and play whichever winger, likely Gordon, is going to stay on the wing. Swap Walker to LB and have an actual threat, Trent or Trippier, at RB. I’d also drop Kane for Watkins but that’s never happening. The other two should be enough.

The issue they have imo is they don’t have a left side in possession.

He's got 4 days now to watch that back now and see exactly what a difference Mainoo and Palmer made.

Saka is beyond stagnant right now, it's not working for him. So don't play him.

Mainoo glided round that pitch and was moderately effective... nice than what can be said for Gallagher.

Foden was better, but still fairly ineffective. The decision to exclude Grealish just feels even more bizarre.

Wouldn't be totally against dropping kane and doing an old school Pep false 9 with Foden or Bellingham or whichever.

Southgate needs to just go for it now. He's won the group, whoever we gave, we've done if by winning the group so just go for it.

Gordon did brilliantly at one stage to thread a pass through to set up a crossing opportunity. I think it was the first time this tournament that en England player had passed through the lines
Yes, I genuinely think him, Mainoo and Palmer could be among the stars of the tournament if given a chance. Saka, Foden and Bellingham are all knackered.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back