Gwladys Street Presents

That line up is grim to be honest . Sounds awful to say but it says a lot about the last few decades of the club doesn’t it.

“An entertaining trip down memory lane”

K’n hell.

If there’s a Q&A, ask about the headlock 😂

Finishing a magnificent 7th every season, knives to gunfights, never beating top 4 teams, we'll all have a good laugh!
1723156397858.jpeg

I honestly wonder who actually bought this? Imagine celebrating peak mediocrity ffs

Whoever came up with this (marketing or sale director) is probably in hot water now.

Towards the end of the season before the new stadium it would make sense, but even there I draw a line with the line up proposed.

Or just split the events for each “hero” over a few date in the lounges for the same price with freshments.

I’m sure we’d have the demand for those who prefer certain players and the last chance for those whoever hasn’t been lucky enough to go into one of the premium hospitlity areas.

This. The pricing of it is actually mental. Like, who thought charging £55 for the privilege of sitting in the Gwladys, with no food or ale included, listening to stories from players who never achieved anything with us was a good idea??

Wouldn't surprise me if they pull it at the last minute due to 'unforeseen circumstances' (barely any tickets sold).

You laugh but I'd happily be finishing 7th now than what we've been put through the last few years.

That’s what happened in the 90s/2000s. I don’t mean to have a go at you or anything, what you said there is what people where saying back then too. It’s just went on and on, take a bad situation like relegation battles like now and back then, anything deemed better than that is seen as acceptable or a welcome relief.

The issue is that it’s been going on for decades. It’s why the club pushed ex players and media friendly associates to peddle buzz words like “be careful what you wish for” because it hit a nerve about relegation battles and people shouldn’t question or call out the club because the story is things get worse if the status quo was removed. When the truth is they were never good enough to make Everton a club that challenged to be the best and it’s played a part in where we are again.

Some fans get stick for being negative or cynical but if you keep seeing the same tedious and frustrating cycle repeat itself it’s bound to have people fed up of it eventually .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.