Gwladys Street Presents

Don't disagree with your point about age and legends, however it just shows clubs mentality, treating players who weren't that great as superstars and charging fans 55 quid.
I think you're overthinking it a bit tbh I don't think they're treating them as superstars its clearly marketed as a cult heroes thing not a great players thing I think they've just overestimated the interest in something like this I'm not sure we'd sell out the gwladys street for an event with all of our best players who are still alive even if we were charging 10 quid its a lot of seats to fill for that type of thing I think its a nice idea badly executed thats all.

I think you're overthinking it a bit tbh I don't think they're treating them as superstars its clearly marketed as a cult heroes thing not a great players thing I think they've just overestimated the interest in something like this I'm not sure we'd sell out the gwladys street for an event with all of our best players who are still alive even if we were charging 10 quid its a lot of seats to fill for that type of thing I think its a nice idea badly executed thats all.
I don't really understand the logistics of the thing as it appears to be tickets for the lower Gwladys St only so even if they sold all the tickets how many would that be 5/6 thousand ?
Maybe £300,000 income with costs of £100,000 as am sure the likes of Gravesen isn't coming over for nothing.
The fact that is adults only really limits your potential audience.
On the website there is over 80% availability on the end sections and 70% plus on the next sections. The middle area has still got 38% available so the whole thing just looks badly thought out

I don't really understand the logistics of the thing as it appears to be tickets for the lower Gwladys St only so even if they sold all the tickets how many would that be 5/6 thousand ?
Maybe £300,000 income with costs of £100,000 as am sure the likes of Gravesen isn't coming over for nothing.
On the website there is over 80% availability on the end sections and 70% plus on the next sections. The middle area has still got 38% available so the whole thing just looks badly thought out
Yes I agree and I think people are missing this bit in bold its not like a few old blokes off the after dinner circuit its multi millionaires from other countries who played here for a bit they're getting paid a lot more than we'd be paying Derek Mountfield to come so that will obviously impact the price.

The premise is absolutely spot on, for what it's worth.

Get people into Goodison, nice relaxed atmosphere, regale in some nice memories of last 20 years.

But £55 is scandalous in my opinion. They've just got that so wrong.

If you do any of the ones outside the club, you usually get a pint, picture, supper or whatever with it, and it's still not £55.

Hit the bar here, but a great premise. Hopefully the structure correctly if they host any more.

If you are going to have it in Goodison, then it should have been £15 max and you try and sell out the whole lower tier. From some seats you'll feel way too far away from the players to make you spend £55. As you say for that money it should be in one of the lounges where you can actually see and hear them without the need for a PA system AND they throw in some beverages and snacks.

Also agree with others that this is too early in the season for it. Once people see how hard it is to get tickets and the clock is firmly ticking then they probably would have had more interest.

Doesn't look like many are going...

View attachment 268188

Shock.

'Everton have now postponed the Gwladys Street Presents: Cult Heroes and Everton Giants events that were planned for August 21 and October 16. The club says the decision is down to "unforeseen scheduling and logistical issues".

Those issues mean the club is essentially pulling back to see what it can do to produce the best experience possible for these events and rearrange them - and is looking at combining them in spring 2025 as a farewell Goodison event.

Tickets remain valid for what will become the new event but for anyone who would like a refund they can contact the Everton Fan Centre'

Been cancelled. Wonder why.

IMG_8206.jpeg

Shock.

'Everton have now postponed the Gwladys Street Presents: Cult Heroes and Everton Giants events that were planned for August 21 and October 16. The club says the decision is down to "unforeseen scheduling and logistical issues".

Those issues mean the club is essentially pulling back to see what it can do to produce the best experience possible for these events and rearrange them - and is looking at combining them in spring 2025 as a farewell Goodison event.

Tickets remain valid for what will become the new event but for anyone who would like a refund they can contact the Everton Fan Centre'

As I’d mentioned, it didn’t make any commercial sense.

Maybe have 2 or 3 in the lounges like the external legends days, give the fans a chance to sit in the corporate areas they never had a chance to.

What were those players actually going to talk about?

Such a shame, the pricing structure is off-putting. Also, adults only is restrictive, a few swear words probably be uttered but the kids will probably have heard much worse if they follow Everton!

They need to re-look at this over the season with more events planned!

I bought 500 tickets with a view to move them on at grossly-inflated prices.

I’ve had absolutely no takers and am probably looking at a -£20k loss even if I can shift some at a bargain basement price point 😬💀

With respect to those players , in terms of speaking about their playing days, for most of them it would be limited conversation.

Looking at the availability of tickets before the postponement , it’s been a dud.

If there has been engagement and meetings on these things and with the kit as well, questions have to be asked about who exactly are they getting feedback from.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.