Gwladys Street Presents

The premise is absolutely spot on, for what it's worth.

Get people into Goodison, nice relaxed atmosphere, regale in some nice memories of last 20 years.

But £55 is scandalous in my opinion. They've just got that so wrong.

If you do any of the ones outside the club, you usually get a pint, picture, supper or whatever with it, and it's still not £55.

Hit the bar here, but a great premise. Hopefully the structure correctly if they host any more.

It's no wonder the red side laugh at us. £55 to be some of these 'Heroes', some people at the club should be embarrassed of themselves.

So only the half dozen clubs of the 92 who win the major trophies are allowed to have ‘heroes ‘ ?

Do I applaud the likes of a video to celebrate finishing 7th , of course not . Are there loads of good players who never won a carrot for us who I’ll happily cheer on and listen to what they’ve got to say ? Absolutely.

The pricing is OTT but I’m surprised by the numbers , once the doors are closed after Southampton at Goodison then the likes of those concerts are in my opinion going to feel a bit flat so the RS can laugh at me all they want . I despise them anyway.

The premise is absolutely spot on, for what it's worth.

Get people into Goodison, nice relaxed atmosphere, regale in some nice memories of last 20 years.

But £55 is scandalous in my opinion. They've just got that so wrong.

If you do any of the ones outside the club, you usually get a pint, picture, supper or whatever with it, and it's still not £55.

Hit the bar here, but a great premise. Hopefully the structure correctly if they host any more.

Agree with all that

Might see the prices slashed in the next week or two. How they thought £55 was a fair price I'll never know.

As long as Darren Griffiths isn't there reading out texts from John watching in Benidorm then it's a good idea for a night.

A player winning a trophy with us wouldn't make them more entertaining to listen to than someone who hasn't so I don't understand peoples views on that at all. £55 is too much money especially when theres games to go to as well but I don't agree that theres a problem with the actual idea of it.

It’s billed as a cult heroes night as well isn’t it? Should have been £30 tops. I think there are more expensive tickets than the £55 price range as well. Even £55 for members of the 85 team is a bit much, as others have said you can see actual heroes for less than that in various places at any time.
Its another example if club adopting Kopite behaviour, exploiting our fans. It was same price for Klopps farewell event. It should be 20 quid maximum, you'd get a 80s legend and a buffet for less than 30 quid.

Its another example if club adopting Kopite behaviour, exploiting our fans. It was same price for Klopps farewell event. It should be 20 quid maximum, you'd get a 80s legend and a buffet for less than 30 quid.
It is too much but theres no point comparing it to an 80s thing as if it should be cheaper that isn't how it works we can't just live off the 80s forever there's generations (PLURAL!) of fans who don't remember the 80s someone in their 20s now isn't interested in going and seeing a 70 year old fella they never saw play talk about a sport thats unrecognisable from what they know you have to try and tap in to what those people want somehow. In a way we have to embrace what we are and not what we were we can't say there'll never be another Everton hero or legend ever again because we're crap now.

It is too much but theres no point comparing it to an 80s thing as if it should be cheaper that isn't how it works we can't just live off the 80s forever there's generations (PLURAL!) of fans who don't remember the 80s someone in their 20s now isn't interested in going and seeing a 70 year old fella they never saw play talk about a sport thats unrecognisable from what they know you have to try and tap in to what those people want somehow. In a way we have to embrace what we are and not what we were we can't say there'll never be another Everton hero or legend ever again because we're crap now.
Don't disagree with your point about age and legends, however it just shows clubs mentality, treating players who weren't that great as superstars and charging fans 55 quid.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.