Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do people see him playing in the line up? Presumably a midfield three of Schneiderlin Gueye and Klaassen behind a 3 of Siggurdson Rooney Sandro?

Where do people see him playing in the line up? Presumably a midfield three of Schneiderlin Gueye and Klaassen behind a 3 of Siggurdson Rooney Sandro?

At least one of Klaassen or Schneiderlin should drop out of our "best 11" and most likely thats Klassen.

I also agree with the poster who said there is no such thing as a best 11, but for speculation sake on a forum, there sort of needs to be.

We just bought a good player for the money you pay for a great player.

We get nothing in the future for Sigurdsson so this is a massive gamble.

No its not. We have signed a fantastic player who can score goals. I don't think about what we could get if we sell him down the line. That's not how anyone should be thinking now.

The game has changed.

It's almost impossible to benchmark and understand going rate at the moment.

If he has the same impact for Everton, as he did for Swansea - we have some player on our hands;

No its not. We have signed a fantastic player who can score goals. I don't think about what we could get if we sell him down the line. That's not how anyone should be thinking now.

Sell on value no longer being the priority for every big signing is a real indicator of progress.

All that philsophpy did was buy inconsistency, and develop players for other clubs.

Key is the balance - we've brought in Lookman, Calvert-Lewin etc etc, we also need to temper that with players who are in their pomp now.

We already have the future covered with all the young players we have signed. Save some money signing these type of players in the future or ship them out for silly money down the line. This enables us to "gamble" somewhat on a ready made player.

I though that was generally the point...

Wish this was the way the Sigurdsson story broke. There'd be people following ITK golf courses on Twitter and rumoured sightings at pro shops everywhere.
That was the hold up then, was waiting for his membership to a course up here to be finalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back