Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought them and none ever made it. We have bought quite a few and by all accounts are looking for more and pushing the older players from last years title winning side out on loan to gain experience for the first team for next year. More planning going into it now rather than a stab in the dark like Moyes did. All set in motion by Martinez but taken up a level by Walsh and Koeman.
It's yet to be determined of the new intake bear fruit. It won't if the likes of Kenny are going out and proving themselves and then getting overlooked for Martina and Calvert Lewin.

We just bought a good player for the money you pay for a great player.

We get nothing in the future for Sigurdsson so this is a massive gamble.
Koeman isn't particularly interested in the long term future which is why he's spending half of Lukaku's money on a 28 year old. Gamble is Everton's.

They told us we had 100m to spend before any sales.

I have no reason at this point not to believe them, I think we are still in for a very busy couple of weeks in the window and will see at least 3 more in for high transfer values.
Yeah but of that we may have given Rooney a massive signing on fee as he was cheap and to offset his wages drop. Things like that we have no clue about.

The market has changed though. Just a simple question. How much do you think £6m in 2013 is worthed today? Kone, 30 at the time was bought for £6m in 2013 the deal might be around £18m-£20m now.
Are you seriously suggesting this club hasn't overspent on players this season when Koeman has spent £140m and we're still a winger, a CB, a LB, and a striker short?

Pffffffffffffttttt!!!!!!!!

Keep your eye on the ball.

What are spending over and above what we bring in at the end of the window.
Way to swerve my point like.

Before Moshiri arrived at Goodison, we'd never spent more than £6.5m on a player @27 or older i.e. in their prime.

We've just lashed £45m on one, after spending another £62m on 3 others since he arrived.

If you don't think that signifies a dramatic change in how Everton view player investment then there's seriously no hope for you Dave.

That is a lot of assumptions mate, again black and white thinking. There is always an option. I accpet the premise and rationalle for what happened, i just dont agree it.

Look, if United finish 3 points ahead of us in fourth and us in fifth and Rom scores 25+ goals for them then we have systemically improved them by our own decision making.

That is not acceptable if you ambition in the league and want to progress.

The fact that people are so passive and understanding of it, is part of the problem, its a mentality.

Technically Rom is not good enough to play outside England , even the most biased supporter would agree with this.
Not one top European club were linked with him ( Juve were briefly ) so selling abroad wasn't an option unless we were prepared to take a major hit.
City Chelsea and United are the only 3 in England who could afford him
Technically he's not good enough for Pep plus he has Aguero who is arguably a better striker and offers more in his all round game plus Jesus.
So only Chelsea and United were options

Are you seriously suggesting this club hasn't overspent on players this season when Koeman has spent £140m and we're still a winger, a CB, a LB, and a striker short?

lol

The mind boggles doesn't it. I mean, Kone was bought in August 2013, wtf does that even have to do with this summer? Or more importantly, what does it even have to do with our new incoming signing Sigurdsson?

It's yet to be determined of the new intake bear fruit. It won't if the likes of Kenny are going out and proving themselves and then getting overlooked for Martina and Calvert Lewin.
Quite possible Koeman isn't the one who ends up with the benefits of these kids anyway as we all know he has never been one to hang around, then again he may be excited by what the future holds here and stick around longer than most of us expect.

Koeman isn't particularly interested in the long term future which is why he's spending half of Lukaku's money on a 28 year old. Gamble is Everton's.
It's gross irresponsibility as far as Im concerned. This club can't afford to spend £45m on a player it can't sell on.

Koeman doesn't care about the consequences but the board should be if they aren't prepared to get their hands in pockets to invest themselves or attract more investment.

Name one player we overspent on in the current market who is not an upgrade on who he replaced
Remember we had no option with ROSS
ROSS BARKLEY WANTED TO GO

Klaassen. Not better than Davies and Sigurdsson will be better in that role behind the strikers if put there.

Technically Rom is not good enough to play outside England , even the most biased supporter would agree with this.
Not one top European club were linked with him ( Juve were briefly ) so selling abroad wasn't an option unless we were prepared to take a major hit.
City Chelsea and United are the only 3 in England who could afford him
Technically he's not good enough for Pep plus he has Aguero who is arguably a better striker and offers more in his all round game plus Jesus.
So only Chelsea and United were options

the only teams that could afford lukaku outside of the PL were madrid, barca and psg, they hardly needed him.

Keane and Pickford are looking like fantastic pick ups. Sandro was a no brainer too.

Lukaku has consistently talked us down since the day he signed and I was sick of it tbh. I hope Ross stays but if he wants out then show him the door.

For the first time in ages we have a squad all pulling in the same direction.

We still need a young quality left sided defender but we are stronger than last season for sure.

Way to swerve my point like.

Before Moshiri arrived at Goodison, we'd never spent more than £6.5m on a player @27 or older i.e. in their prime.

We've just lashed £45m on one, after spending another £62m on 3 others since he arrived.

If you don't think that signifies a dramatic change in how Everton view player investment then there's seriously no hope for you Dave.
Ha ha ha.

"Moshiri has just lashed"....No. He spent NOTHING.

Where is the change when we still balance books? It matters not one bit if the figures increase.

The fawning over that carpet bagger does you no service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back