Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gross irresponsibility as far as Im concerned. This club can't afford to spend £45m on a player it can't sell on.

Koeman doesn't care about the consequences but the board should be if they aren't prepared to get their hands in pockets to invest themselves or attract more investment.

I'm sure the Billionaire accountant who now controls the place, has done the sums and concluded that we can, so that is merely your misguided opinion, nothing more.

Everton spending £45m on a player who'll be worth nothing at the end of his contract, and yet you maintain nothing has changed pffffftttttt lol

Klaassen. Not better than Davies and Sigurdsson will be better in that role behind the strikers if put there.
So you're saying Klassen replaced Davies.
So if both start that's your argument out the window
Siggy may or may not start in the middle
He may play on the left , better option to cross from wide that through the middle
Time will tell

Ha ha ha.

"Moshiri has just lashed"....No. He spent NOTHING.

Where is the change when we still balance books? It matters not one bit if the figures increase.

The fawning over that carpet bagger does you no service.

Learn to read David, as that's not what I posted.

Labelling a bloke who's stuck £80m (at least) of his own dosh onto the balance sheet of EFC, as a carpet bagger, is the comment of a know nothing

Way to swerve my point like.

Before Moshiri arrived at Goodison, we'd never spent more than £6.5m on a player @27 or older i.e. in their prime.

We've just lashed £45m on one, after spending another £62m on 3 others since he arrived.

If you don't think that signifies a dramatic change in how Everton view player investment then there's seriously no hope for you Dave.
There's a lot more Sky money these days and we've just sold a player for 90m.

I'm sure the Billionaire accountant who now controls the place, has done the sums and concluded that we can, so that is merely your misguided opinion, nothing more.

Everton spending £45m on a player who'll be worth nothing at the end of his contract, and yet you maintain nothing has changed pffffftttttt lol
According to Dave he has no misguided opinions only cast in stone facts

Klaassen. Not better than Davies and Sigurdsson will be better in that role behind the strikers if put there.
Did you watch him play last season? Looked immense in a lower league, give him time to settle. Clearly a good young leader too.

Did you watch him play last season? Looked immense in a lower league, give him time to settle. Clearly a good young leader too.

So did Alfonso Alves.

We should have saved the money, bough Sigurdsson to play where he does, and spent the rest on a top-tier centreforward

Keane and Pickford are looking like fantastic pick ups. Sandro was a no brainer too.

Lukaku has consistently talked us down since the day he signed and I was sick of it tbh. I hope Ross stays but if he wants out then show him the door.For the first time in ages we have a squad all pulling in the same direction.

We still need a young quality left sided defender but we are stronger than last season for sure.
we look hopeless mate from the three games so far.

Ha ha ha.

"Moshiri has just lashed"....No. He spent NOTHING.

Where is the change when we still balance books? It matters not one bit if the figures increase.

The fawning over that carpet bagger does you no service.
Wouldn't call £45m on a player 'nothing' Dave.

Also, 'balance books'? We're now over £40m up on 'net spend' with more to come.

There's a lot more Sky money these days and we've just sold a player for 90m.
And what? Even when handed windfalls in the past Everton have never put huge amounts of capital into players who'd have no residual value at the end of their contracts, it's not what the club did, it does now, therefore the club has changed it's strategy on player investment, and is much more willing to invest heavily in players in their prime.

So did Alfonso Alves.

We should have saved the money, bough Sigurdsson to play where he does, and spent the rest on a top-tier centreforward
He's played one game of premier league football and it sounds like you're already branding him a flop.

This is why I spend so little time on this forum. Our fan base is ridiculous at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back