Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have 4 quality players (Rooney, Klassen, Sigurdsson and Davies) who will play behind the strikers (one of DCL, Sandro or potentially a new striker) in a 4-2-3-1 system. I think that this will be our standard set up, and if we need a bit more width, we can bring in Mirralas and lookman. I would suggest that the priorities now are possibly an upgrade on kev, a new back up CDM, and a new CB that could fill in at left back. Thats the way I see it anyway.

Off Topic !!
And not amusing !!

He's posting pictures of a child wetting the bed and claiming it's a selfie Andy. Is that the off-topic bit? Don't you think that's weird?

Siggurdson goal in £40m very happy all round.

The game has changed.

It's almost impossible to benchmark and understand going rate at the moment.

If he has the same impact for Everton, as he did for Swansea - we have some player on our hands;

How has the game changed for Everton when we've just seen a summer when sell to buy has prevailed again....and it will + or - £10m to £15m by the end of the window?

We are still with the business model of developing and selling or buying low and selling high: last 12 months we took in circa £160m from that process.

The game is exactly the same.

How has the game changed for Everton when we've just seen a summer when sell to buy has prevailed again....and it will + or - £10m to £15m by the end of the window?

We are still with the business model of developing and selling or buying low and selling high: last 12 months we took in circa £160m from that process.

Yeah mate, as Everton have a long history of buying players for £45m that'll have zero residual value at the end of their contract.

I'm thinking we will get £20m for McCarthy, maybe £5m for Niasse, Barkley £20m - so it will be about even again.

Siggurdson is good though.

Depth in quality - it's all about the squad.

Great signing

Exactly.

Look at Man U and Chelsea bench.
Bring on the likes of Fellaini / Martial / Pedro / Willian etc.

You need almost 2 fully functioning teams now due to the highly competitive and injury filled seasons club participate in.

A strong first 11 was enough 20+ years ago. Not now though.

To have a midfield 'unit' of Gana / Schniederlin / Davies / Klaassen / Sigurdsson / Besic / McCarthy? Barkley? and hopefully Dendoncker is getting to top level quality.

7 or 8 quality players to rotate is essential.

We already have the future covered with all the young players we have signed. Save some money signing these type of players in the future or ship them out for silly money down the line. This enables us to "gamble" somewhat on a ready made player.

I though that was generally the point...
We always bought players of a few million quid as speculation under both Moyes and Martinez.

This isn't a new development. There is no massive departure in terms of squad building methodology here.

Moshiri has really pulled off a coup if he's bamboozled a majority of Evertonians that he's managers to change the dynamic at this club from sell to buy and toward marquee signings with no regard for balanced books.

I'm thinking we will get £20m for McCarthy, maybe £5m for Niasse, Barkley £20m - so it will be about even again.

If we get that then surely we will have money to spend on a centre half as well as striker? Not like we have a huge net spend so far (I am not judging our window on it just meaning we may have more to spend if we recoup those fees you quote) so may be able to spend more.

Possibly more for Niasse. But yeah, there or thereabouts.

I said a few months back I expect us to maybe have a small net spend, and I see no reason to shift on that assessment.

Sigurdsson IS good. But cost/benefit wise the pressure is now on his manager to prove he's got a good deal here.

We always bought players of a few million quid as speculation under both Moyes and Martinez.

This isn't a new development. There is no massive departure in terms of squad building methodology here.

Moshiri has really pulled off a coup if he's bamboozled a majority of Evertonians that he's managers to change the dynamic at this club from sell to buy and toward marquee signings with no regard for balanced books.
We bought them and none ever made it. We have bought quite a few and by all accounts are looking for more and pushing the older players from last years title winning side out on loan to gain experience for the first team for next year. More planning going into it now rather than a stab in the dark like Moyes did. All set in motion by Martinez but taken up a level by Walsh and Koeman.

They told us we had 100m to spend before any sales.

I have no reason at this point not to believe them, I think we are still in for a very busy couple of weeks in the window and will see at least 3 more in for high transfer values.

Yes at a macro level, the game is exactly the same

There seems to be a lot more thought put into it these days and the U23 results are there showing that it could work.

I dont care about books being balanced to be honest. It's not my job.

The market has changed though. Just a simple question. How much do you think £6m in 2013 is worthed today? Kone, 30 at the time was bought for £6m in 2013 the deal might be around £18m-£20m now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back