2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
big fan and think he is a great player, however he has been poor the last weeks. but so has the entire attacking force, so i think it has more to do with the manager than the players. richarlison, gomes, bernard, gylfi, walcott, all been poor for some time now, and its no coincidence that all our attackers are doing poorly. its the manager.

The festering with Sigurdsson is very odd.

There's a lot of bigger issues than the lad leading our goalscorer and assists chart.

One being the lack of striker/target man or anyone who can actual control a ball and hold it up.
If it wasn't Gylfi, then it would be Pickford who'd be criticsed. If it wasn't Pickford, it would be Coleman. If it wasn't Coleman, it would be Keane. And so on...

Are there any players, bar perhaps Digne, who the majority of our fans actually like?

big fan and think he is a great player, however he has been poor the last weeks. but so has the entire attacking force, so i think it has more to do with the manager than the players. richarlison, gomes, bernard, gylfi, walcott, all been poor for some time now, and its no coincidence that all our attackers are doing poorly. its the manager.

I'm the same.

He's struggled for a few weeks but there's actually fans fuming he scored a goal. That's not healthy like, is it?

The festering with Sigurdsson is very odd.

There's a lot of bigger issues than the lad leading our goalscorer and assists chart.

One being the lack of striker/target man or anyone who can actual control a ball and hold it up.

Have you seen how often our attacks breakdown because he ether makes a stupid pass that gets intercepted or as seen for past 12 games he’s just nowhere to be seen when we attack. A massive void in in the middle of the park, unfortunately it is one of the major issues we have because we are fundamentally weak in attack with very few shots

But he’s done his stats good today and that hides the 95 minutes of pathetically inept performance he has once put in again for this club

Did not watch (went climbing) but what I read siggy in a nutshell. 7,8 great world class finishes a year and assists but not worth it. Stats and youtube clips look better than what You get in his peak season(he's 30)

Have you seen how often our attacks breakdown because he ether makes a stupid pass that gets intercepted or as seen for past 12 games he’s just nowhere to be seen when we attack. A massive void in in the middle of the park, unfortunately it is one of the major issues we have because we are fundamentally weak in attack with very few shots

But he’s done his stats good today and that hides the 95 minutes of pathetically inept performance he has once put in again for this club

For the money we´ve paid we needed a superstar who could drag us through games. Instead we get the odd moment of brilliance which just isn´t enough. It´s why our attack struggles so much because for the most part he has no impact.

Not really mate, no.

I watch the game without prejudice though - I think some actively look and fester on certain players.

Sigurdsson has been poor for five or six weeks, but then so has Gomes, Gana, Richarlison... could go on.

The problem with Everton isn't Sigurdsson - unfortunately it's a lot deeper than that. We probably need to start with the issue of playing a winger still learning his trade upfront.

Not really mate, no.

I watch the game without prejudice though - I think some actively look and fester on certain players.

Sigurdsson has been poor for five or six weeks, but then so has Gomes, Gana, Richarlison... could go on.

The problem with Everton isn't Sigurdsson - unfortunately it's a lot deeper than that. We probably need to start with the issue of playing a winger still learning his trade upfront.

I´d say it´s a big problem when your whole team is based around a player who is just not suited to having that responsibility.

Not really mate, no.

The same as everyone then. I never rated Siggurdsson at Swansea because it’s the same as now, all stats and a lot of disappearing acts.

He’s unable to pick up the ball and run at defenders, he offers little or no support to Gomes and let’s him get swamped constantly. Last year it was being played on the left, this year it’s the players around him

A dynamic midfielder who can pick up the bal and run at defenders puts them on the back foot and they second guess so back off and therefore opening space. Everyone knows that he doesn’t offer that so they let him have it and then press him, and he’ll lose it

He’s a very overrated player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back