2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really mate, no.

I watch the game without prejudice though - I think some actively look and fester on certain players.

Sigurdsson has been poor for five or six weeks, but then so has Gomes, Gana, Richarlison... could go on.

The problem with Everton isn't Sigurdsson - unfortunately it's a lot deeper than that. We probably need to start with the issue of playing a winger still learning his trade upfront.
I'd say it's a big problem though, we have to set up to accommodate him and he simply isn't good enough for that so its detrimental to how we play

But hes doing his job mate, hes scoring goals and creating chances, what else do you want from him?

More impact on the game throughout the 90 minutes is what we need. Too many attacks break down around him and it´s starting to become clear to me that we need a better focal point. I´d be happy to have Sigurdsson as part of the squad but not as our go to man to drag us through games.

3 of his 9 goals have been meaningless consolations in games we’ve already lost (4 if you count West Ham that we lost as well). But of course, keep firing stats at us to make it seem like he’s actually important.

Sell immediately.
So If he hit 50 a season but all were losing games does that make him crap?

3 of his 9 goals have been meaningless consolations in games we’ve already lost (4 if you count West Ham that we lost as well). But of course, keep firing stats at us to make it seem like he’s actually important.

Sell immediately.

Hahaha what? He's only allowed to score goals in games we win is he?

This is a ridiculous comment and the Gylfi witch-hunt is mental. Gomes was much, much worse and has been for the past few weeks - where's his hate?

I'd say it's a big problem though, we have to set up to accommodate him and he simply isn't good enough for that so its detrimental to how we play

He is good enough as we have seen in the past, just not at the moment, none of our players are.

Singling good players out when the whole team is obviously struggling is daft. It is the manager and system that are to blame not all 15 players.

More impact on the game throughout the 90 minutes is what we need. Too many attacks break down around him and it´s starting to become clear to me that we need a better focal point. I´d be happy to have Sigurdsson as part of the squad but not as our go to man to drag us through games.

But if the players behind him and in front of him were performing better, he would be able to.

Thats not a cop out, but as was said above, hes not the only 1 who has gone utterly AWOL since Christmas.

Inappropriate Language
I feel sorry for Siggy. It’s not his fault Koeman & that fat useless plank Steve Walsh decided to overlook any other possible, gettable & more suitable targets to drag the saga out for weeks to sign him for double what he was worth.

Not only does the price tag need to hang over his head, Koeman stuck him at left wing! Then pretty much played him as a striker, now Silva seems to give him a free role which is detrimental to the rest of the team as he sits in midfield watching the ball go past him or over him instead of playing a #10 role & giving us an outlet going forward.

Last edited:
But if the players behind him and in front of him were performing better, he would be able to.

Thats not a cop out, but as was said above, hes not the only 1 who has gone utterly AWOL since Christmas.

I agree, the likes of Walcott, Bernard and Lookman aren´t good enough either. For me they´re all decent options on the bench. Scary how much investment the squad needs given how much we´ve spent already.

I agree, the likes of Walcott, Bernard and Lookman aren´t good enough either. For me they´re all decent options on the bench. Scary how much investment the squad needs given how much we´ve spent already.

Im not sure they arent good enough, I like the players, but they arent doing a thing, at the very least Iceland is scoring goals, sure thats not all we expect from him and he has been very poor, but hes at least producing something.

He is good enough as we have seen in the past, just not at the moment, none of our players are.

Singling good players out when the whole team is obviously struggling is daft. It is the manager and system that are to blame not all 15 players.
Is he though, he's only really looked more than decent in a small spell earlier in the season since he's been here aswell as failing at Spurs, he's one of them players that needs the rest of the side playing well rather than stepping up himself and getting the team going like any good playmaker/ starman should

Looter in a riot, breaking windows and getting those tv-s.. It can be a difference to keep swansea and burnley up but team with any serious ambition not what You want

Im not sure they arent good enough, I like the players, but they arent doing a thing, at the very least Iceland is scoring goals, sure thats not all we expect from him and he has been very poor, but hes at least producing something.

Right now they´re all not good enough. It´s a shame because under Moyes a lot of our players played above themselves. This current crop seem to be the complete opposite.

He is exactly the player I watched at Swansea and Tottenham.

Nothing has changed about his game. He is totally anonymous for most of the game but is really good at finding space in the box and finishing chances.

He is an extremely limiting player in that to play him you basically have to redesign our midfield and attack and he is nowhere near good enough to justify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back