2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see you butchering if other player though? Like I say, name 4 players who've played better than him this season. Why aren't you on the other players' case? Take a look through your posts in this thread - pretty clear you've got an agenda against the player, mate.

Shame on him for scoring goals. Our fanbase is absolutely toxic.

I used to have a pop at Keane, and I’ve praised him because he’s probably been our best defender this season, at first I had a pop at Bernard because I didn’t think he was going to be good enough, I actually said the other day in the Bernard thread “He’s making me eat my words” I love Richarlison, I’ve slated him, I’ve always said Gomes was quality, yet I’ve had a pop at him.

As I said, he started the season well, I even said before we played the Derby game that he was going to be an important player for us against them because he had started to make us tick.

I mentioned it the other week about a fan sitting behind me who had it spot on, some fans only want to remember the 10 minutes he may have played well in a game, and ignore the other 80 mins where he may have been terrible.

At the end of the day I’m made up if he plays well, because him playing well means we benefit as a team, and at the end of the day that’s all what matters to me.

Don't see you butchering if other player though? Like I say, name 4 players who've played better than him this season. Why aren't you on the other players' case? Take a look through your posts in this thread - pretty clear you've got an agenda against the player, mate.

Shame on him for scoring goals. Our fanbase is absolutely toxic.

It's actually bordering on pathetic and not too dissimilar to DaveK's absolutely ludicrous posts about Mosh.

You are right, toxic and properly hate filled and bitter.

I didn’t want us to sign him at any price (let alone the the ridiculous price we paid).

No question he has some qualities, some ability, but he also has serious shortcomings. Swansea was his level.

No he doesn't. Barkley has never been a good creative player ever in his career. He was at his best when he was a tank running past people for fun and taking shots on from distance but he doesn't even do that anymore. Chelsea fans really, really hate him. He is still plagued by all the inconsistency he showed at us. And just as Sigurdsson goes missing a lot, do you remember some of the disappearing acts Barkley used to do? Martinez, his biggest sycophantic cheerleader, took him off at half time in his final match at Sunderland because his performance was so gutless.

Pointless debate though because neither are great players. Wishing Barkley back though is just crazy.
Your a fool

Most polarizing figure at the club. I just can't figure him out. Decent player but the team doesn't click with him in the side.

who replaces him? We have 5 attacking midfielders: Sig, Lookman, Bernard, Richarlison, Walcott. Only Lookman and Bernard look half way decent. At least Sig does get the odd goal. Walcott and Richarlison are not at the races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back