2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, so now it's not a good thing (as in, not a good thing from Gylfi) that he's our top scorer?

Had Walcott chipped in with 10 goals as well, for example, we'd be far better off right now. And I picked him because he could easily have scored another 6 or 7 this season with the chances he's missed (the vast majority of which were set up by Sigurdsson).
Think we are on totally different tracks here.Goals count in stats,but in the real world goals only count in the context of results Walcott could have got a five minute hat trick in the last minutes of the Spurs game,but we still would have lost.

We go down the flanks all the time because Gylfi isn't good enough at 10, he scores goals, worldies mostly but we create absolutely nothing through the middle and when the wingers are doubled up on this is a massive problem.

There are good arguments both ways on Gylfi both sides have valid points. My point is, I seethe 10 as the main playmaker and creator in a team but we play with wingers and utilise the wingers to death, in that situatiom I don't think Gylfi offers enough for us to change play style. hence we have become very predictable, shut down the wings and shut downEverton. Problem also that we are heavy down the flanks but no target man to enjoy all the crosses.
And yet our manager can't seem to work out what all the rest can.

Coutinho-Sigurdson.jpg

Makes you wonder why barca bothered buying coutinho when they could've had siggy eh

:hayee:

lol, I didn't say he would get in the team, of course he wouldn't,they are one of the best squads inthe world, but if he was in the team he would be a very good player, back to his best which is exactly what the stats you elude to prove.

How you can discount him as a "player whose entire career is solely based on stats rather than what he offers to the team" is laughable. It is exactly what he offers yet you think it is a bad thing!!!

DGkLHU0XUAA9VZ7.jpg

Coutinho-Sigurdson.jpg

stats-1424441645.jpg

Gylfi-Creativity-Amended.png

THis is what he is capable of when playing well...but yeh, you can ignore that as it does not fit your waffle.

Good grief

Think we are on totally different tracks here.Goals count in stats,but in the real world goals only count in the context of results Walcott could have got a five minute hat trick in the last minutes of the Spurs game,but we still would have lost.

Oh I get where you're coming from, but the argument last season was he didn't score enough goals...

He doesn't fit the way Silva ( and the vast majority of teams ) play.

The days of a no.10 are gone.

If you want to play 4-3-3 you can't play a no.10 and that's the only position that he can play well.

Of course he CAN play deeper but he is not very good.

It is the same as Chelsea ridiculously playing Kante in right midfield to get Jorghino into the team in his preferred position.

The whole balance of midfield is skewed badly with Gylfi in the team unless you play a 4 man diamond in midfield.

Unless we change formation ( which we won't ) he should be sold - which as per the vast majority of our under performers is far easier said than done

He doesn't fit the way Silva ( and the vast majority of teams ) play.

The days of a no.10 are gone.

If you want to play 4-3-3 you can't play a no.10 and that's the only position that he can play well.

Of course he CAN play deeper but he is not very good.

It is the same as Chelsea ridiculously playing Kante in right midfield to get Jorghino into the team in his preferred position.

The whole balance of midfield is skewed badly with Gylfi in the team unless you play a 4 man diamond in midfield.

Unless we change formation ( which we won't ) he should be sold - which as per the vast majority of our under performers is far easier said than done

We don't play a 4-3-3.

He probably could play in a flat three - in fact he has done quite a fair few times before.

He doesn't actually play as a 10.

He plays as a second striker in what is consistently becoming a 4-2-4, which isn't working at all.

We don't play a 4-3-3.

He probably could play in a flat three - in fact he has done quite a fair few times before.

He doesn't actually play as a 10.

He plays as a second striker in what is consistently becoming a 4-2-4, which isn't working at all.
Playing the 2 in the 4-2-4 is what's getting us found out,time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back