Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian reporting next 48 hours will be vital as Swansea will leave for US for pre-season on Thursday.

Just saw that
Everton determined to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson despite Swansea’s £50m price tag
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/11/everton-determined-sign-gylfi-sigurdsson-swansea

Not really sure how I feel about this, tbh. I like the idea of backing the manager, but I really hope they know what they're doing...

Certainly much more than I'd pay for him

I can see this being a way for the Swansea board to save face, much like last summer when they claimed Williams wasn't for sale and then lied about the price they got. That said I reckon it will end up being £40 plus addons.

£50m is ridiculous but I said I won't consider money anymore as what makes sense to the club is their business. We don't have to worry anymore.

BUT for £50m we could pick almost any player in the world! Is Siggy really the best player for that type of money? £50m opens many more options to us surely?

£50m is ridiculous but I said I won't consider money anymore as what makes sense to the club is their business. We don't have to worry anymore.

BUT for £50m we could pick almost any player in the world! Is Siggy really the best player for that type of money? £50m opens many more options to us surely?

Sure £50m would buy probably better players, but would they want to play here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back