Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I aint that great on football, but dont we need players in more important gaps in our side atm?

It seems the rational for lobbing upto £50m at Wales for Iceland is cos he can cross a football. When we currently dont have a striker over about 5ft 6.

And crossing a football is a pretty basic footballer skill I would have thought.

wow, that's terrible business by burney. Totally different roles though, they've just bought roque mesa who i think is a similar type to cork.

Mesa + Cook and that's almost the Michael Keane money gone.

Swansea will sell Siguardsson to generate some transfer funds.

I aint that great on football, but dont we need players in more important gaps in our side atm?

It seems the rational for lobbing upto £50m at Wales for Iceland is cos he can cross a football. When we currently dont have a striker over about 5ft 6.

And crossing a football is a pretty basic footballer skill I would have thought.

I think we spent about 5 years hitting the 1st man at corners mate lol

I'm sure we will have many irons in the fire though I've got to say 50m seems waaaaaaaay too much and I'm a big fan of his. 35m I'd understand but 50m I ain't sure.

I understand that Swansea are adamant that he will be traveling with them to America when they fly out next Thursday as they hope to use the time away to persuade him to stay. I haven't been able to confirm if we have made a bid but I'll keep you updated if I hear anything from my friend.

Ta mate.
I appreciate your updates.

I think we spent about 5 years hitting the 1st man at corners mate lol

I'm sure we will have many irons in the fire though I've got to say 50m seems waaaaaaaay too much and I'm a big fan of his. 35m I'd understand but 50m I ain't sure.

haha! I reckon 98% of fans of any clubs moan at their crossing. Like on MOTD, they only show a cross that actually does something.

It is bewildering mind.

That would send out the wrong message to the whole squad
No it wouldn't. Agents know how much a player is worth and generally do the negotiation.

With Lukaku gone even with new signings Barkley is now our best player. I don't see why anyone would have a problem if he was paid accordingly.

But it may not be about money.

haha! I reckon 98% of fans of any clubs moan at their crossing. Like on MOTD, they only show a cross that actually does something.

It is bewildering mind.

When you think about how basic it is, like an artist can paint or a athlete can run, footballers should be able to ping in a half decent cross yet time after time they can get it 4 yards off the ground lol

I think we we still get him but not at £50m, it will probably be around £42m or something like that as I think RK really rates him

When you think about how basic it is, like an artist can paint or a athlete can run, footballers should be able to ping in a half decent cross yet time after time they can get it 4 yards off the ground lol

I reckon my very first PE lesson in secondary school was all about belting a cross in, using your instep to make it curl in towards the target area. From the right hand side like.

Didnt seem that tough.

On the run, yeah, different, but a free kick or corner, no excuse really.

Let's see, I said that I understood we hadn't made a bid a few days ago and then that was confirmed in some news outlets a day or so later. I also said that I understood from my friend that Amat was leaving on loan to Spain and he has gone (however I admit that I was a bit late with that news so I wasn't the best example!). Im simply passing on what I get told, I have no inside knowledge on anything Everton just Swansea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back