Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure £50m would buy probably better players, but would they want to play here?
I do think that we have changed our strategy in that regard from last summers farce by targeting players we know we can get.
As it happens I think it would be accurate to say that of all our signings Gylfi would be the highest quality so perhaps worth the extra outlay.

I have openly stated I really like siguardsson, but I'm sorry he is not worth 50m. For that amount I'm expecting a world class player, but as you said would they come to us.
I really think you will see some departures away from the club in the near future:
Niasse, McCarthy, Miralles, Robles and Mori could well be surplus to requirements and claw back some of the money we have spent.

Ya I know that's the issue for quite a few, especially those already playing their trade at the top of their respective leagues. But there are plenty one or 2 teams down aren't there that might be tired of playing for 2nd in Germany or 3rd in France and would like to earn some Pounds.

Its very unlikely Swansea will receive 50m for him. And they know that, they are playing the game, they know the player wants the move and they know they could use the money.

They are just trying to get as much as possible.

I think we might be able to get him in before the end of next week for around 35m. But we will see.

For me the Swansea stance already has holes in it because they aren't ruling out a sale fully, just making themselves look strong before finally giving in.

I have openly stated I really like siguardsson, but I'm sorry he is not worth 50m. For that amount I'm expecting a world class player, but as you said would they come to us.
I really think you will see some departures away from the club in the near future:
Niasse, McCarthy, Miralles, Robles and Mori could well be surplus to requirements and claw back some of the money we have spent.

I think until FC Sexy is regularly competing in CL football we will have to overpay for talent to come here. Once we are a more attractive destination with a shiny new waterfront stadium with the prospects of winning stuff then the potential WC type players will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back