Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want someone from South-America. Fresh of the airplane, the only thing he know, is samba and football.

189.gif

Agree with this 100% I wouldn't offer a penny over £40 million and even that is generous. Much better quality out there for £50 million.

I still think it'll get done for about £42-45 million but I hope not as he just isnt worth it. You look at Payet and even taking his set pieces out of his arsenal he's still a quality player on the ball & picking out a pass and cross.

£50m gets you anyone in France outside of PSG/Monaco, anyone in Italy, anyone in Spain not at Real/Barca, anyone in Germany not at Bayern.

And with this world of talent to chose from Sigurdsson is the number 1 target?!

I'm not saying he is a bad player at all, he is clearly OK. I just genuinely don't think he improves us that much as all and it just seems such a waste of cash.

Reus or whoever aren't gonna want to sign for us though are they. Sigurdsson will.

Sissoko would have been a better option than Cleverley/Kone or Valencia.
Why not include Niasse? Should our transfer policy be "is this player better than the worst player at the club?" because this isn't the first time you have used this absurd reductive argument. We dodged a bullet on Sissoko, it was a lapse of judgement and a panic move imo because of a disappointing window, thankfully it appears to have been an aberration as since then a lot of sensible decisions have been made but trying to make out that it was anything other than a terrible idea is laughable.

Agree with this 100% I wouldn't offer a penny over £40 million and even that is generous. Much better quality out there for £50 million.

I still think it'll get done for about £42-45 million but I hope not as he just isnt worth it. You look at Payet and even taking his set pieces out of his arsenal he's still a quality player on the ball & picking out a pass and cross.

Honestly mate, im utterly baffled why you would pay 40m, but think 50m is too much, what does 10m matter?

Agree that £50m or anything near would be daylight robbery.

I hope we have alternatives being considered but this transfer has had an air of inevitability about it for months, which probably suits Swansea more than us.

It shouldn't be a case of just paying whatever is required to sign him, that's an open chequebook.

Not a criticism of the club as their work has been superb so far, but it seems we still struggle to identify/sign "organic" targets from abroad, Sandro and Onyekuru excluded as Klaassen would have been on Koeman's radar regardless. To give their dues we do do well in this regard for players in the U23 category.

I hope we are at least looking abroad for a player of Sigurdssons ilk at a lower price. But it's not my money and I'll welcome and support him if he joins us. But £50M is ridiculous.

Why not include Niasse? Should our transfer policy be "is this player better than the worst player at the club?" because this isn't the first time you have used this absurd reductive argument. We dodged a bullet on Sissoko, it was a lapse of judgement and a panic move imo because of a disappointing window, thankfully it appears to have been an aberration as since then a lot of sensible decisions have been made but trying to make out that it was anything other than a terrible idea is laughable.

I used those players cos thats who he would have taken games off.

I wasnt totally against his signing, I thought he would have done a decent job for us, nobody knows how he would have performed for us, sure we can guess, hes clearly 1 utter bellend and it was a massive bullet dodged, but then, it MIGHT have been different here, very doubtful.

So to answer your question, I didnt use Niasse cos he didnt play for us last season, the 3 names I mentioned did and if we bought Sissoko, despite him being 1 utter bell, he would have made more of an impact than the utter 3 clowns I mentioned.

Sissoko is better than any midfielder we currently have fit, I say fit cos Besic is 20times the player, but hes better than the rest.
MorgsGoat, Aug 31, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back