Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the StatsBomb podcast.

They are saying how massively overrated Sigurdsson. He is literally just set pieces. At £20m or so maybe. At £40m or £50m there are huge amounts of vastly better players around.

He's much more than that, but not as much as some people suggest.

He's a few levels below top tier. £30m ish is fair in the current market, but Swansea are entitled to ask for what they want for him.

It's a myth if you actually watch football...the set piece malarky.

Well it doesn't show up in the stats.

Take off set pieces and he is creating and scoring roughly 4 or 5 goals a season. For an attacking player who doesn't offer much defensive cover. Those aren't £50m player stats. He literally passes the ball half as much as Barkley, at lower difficulty levels and completes fewer passes.

People say trust Koeman and I want to with all my heart, then I remember we lodged a 30m bid for Sissoko.

£50m gets you anyone in France outside of PSG/Monaco, anyone in Italy, anyone in Spain not at Real/Barca, anyone in Germany not at Bayern.

And with this world of talent to chose from Sigurdsson is the number 1 target?!

I'm not saying he is a bad player at all, he is clearly OK. I just genuinely don't think he improves us that much as all and it just seems such a waste of cash.

£50m gets you anyone in France outside of PSG/Monaco, anyone in Italy, anyone in Spain not at Real/Barca, anyone in Germany not at Bayern.

And with this world of talent to chose from Sigurdsson is the number 1 target?!

I'm not saying he is a bad player at all, he is clearly OK. I just genuinely don't think he improves us that much as all and it just seems such a waste of cash.

50m gets you an unproven player in the hardest league in the world a Memphis Depay, a Mo Salah, a Seba Veron, a Simone Zaza.

Do you want to sign Zaza mate?

You say Iceland doesnt improve us, thats not true, you would happily pay 20m for him, but you bulk at paying 50m, why? Its not your money, the club wont expect you to pay the extra 30m mate, its ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back