Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane £25M
Klaassen £15M
Pickford £15M

Just those three we could have spent £29M less.

Sandro/Onyekuru (haven't seen them so no idea how to value them)
Rooney on a free is a saving grace of this window so far.
Bill should have given you a shout to negotiate the fees, you're obviously an expert Dave.

Shut up mate ffs.

But pedigree as well as being shining young lights at their respective clubs, two have met a high standard at PL level in defences absolutely smashed last season and the third who led his team out in a European final. All three Internationals and likely World Cup players next year. They were ripe.

Two years ago admittedly they prob would have been 15 mill, but inflation happens, I think they are reasonable prices with a decade of careers in front of them. Remember when people were saying 28mill was to much for Rom.

North of 40 mill isn't a value signing for Gylfi, I can understand controversey. But when you look at the development of Chelsea and City in establishing themselves as CL teams the years are littered with players they paid a premium for to establish a foothold to qualify for the CL. It's a necessary fact of our development if we have ambitions to get to the CL.
These are not 'going rate' prices mate. There are some people kidding themselves that is the case. But look elsewhere, who else is being ripped off on players with potential other than us? NO ONE.

D

Improving our defence in a massive way and pocketing £40m would be regarded by most as a master stroke. Lukaku wanted to go after having his best ever season. Koeman probably earned us an extra £25m just with one season of proper coaching. Del is no great loss. Great in the Capital One cup, useless in the league.
Utterly ridiculous comment. WTF could he have added to a proven slotting machine's game? Nothing.

I understand your point, but you're complaining about our net spend figure in one instance being too paltry and in another sentence your complaining we're spending too much. You can't have it both ways.
I can because I'm asking for a big spend that's wisely spent.

Barkley and Lukaku. They join the sale of Stones last season and tell you all you need to know about this current regime that came in promising to keep all the club's best players.

First three windows of them in place = a massive exercise in churn.

I find it appalling that so many have simply gone for the big swoon over paying ridiculous prices that;s come out of the players sold so far.

Sigurdsson at £40M or so would just be an outrageous step too far.

Stones we robbed Man City blind at 50 million, lets not kid ourselves Dave. His last year with us he was an absolute liability playing at the back with Roberto in charge. Barkley just has not kicked in on the way he should have. I know you berate Koeman for this but prior to that almost every manager he has played under has had reservations with regards to the mental side of his game. Lukaku out of the three is the only one we will miss and find difficult to replace. Yes the lad had his faults but he could score for fun.

Unfortunately like everything it is supply and demand. The PL is the place with the money and as such any PL club signing players can expect to pay 10 - 15 million on top of the 'realistic' asking price, add another 5 - 10 million on top if its PL sides transferring between each other. That my friend is the footballing world we live in at the moment. Unlike yourself Dave, i applaud Everton for still trying to make the signings rather than take the 90 million for Rom and try and stash it away or tell us its going towards the new stadium.

At the end of the day mate it's selling to buy, not ambition...as the final in/out totals will underline.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't demand wise buying of players though.

There is reckless spending going on at the club right now. It's just not on.

Have you thought that the reason we missed out on our targets last summer was due to us being typically prudent? Maybe that's the lesson we took from last summer. Everton couldn't afford another window like last year, hence us 'getting the deals done' even if it means paying a premium.

Tbh I absolutely hate the fact we are giving relegation fodder top fees like Sunderland and Swansea.

Siggy is not a next level footballer so I don't see why we should pay next level money.

Stones we robbed Man City blind at 50 million, lets not kid ourselves Dave. His last year with us he was an absolute liability playing at the back with Roberto in charge. Barkley just has not kicked in on the way he should have. I know you berate Koeman for this but prior to that almost every manager he has played under has had reservations with regards to the mental side of his game. Lukaku out of the three is the only one we will miss and find difficult to replace. Yes the lad had his faults but he could score for fun.

Unfortunately like everything it is supply and demand. The PL is the place with the money and as such any PL club signing players can expect to pay 10 - 15 million on top of the 'realistic' asking price, add another 5 - 10 million on top if its PL sides transferring between each other. That my friend is the footballing world we live in at the moment. Unlike yourself Dave, i applaud Everton for still trying to make the signings rather than take the 90 million for Rom and try and stash it away or tell us its going towards the new stadium.
If other clubs get ripped off does this mean we should fall into that trap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back