Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the alternative at the moment Dave?? Proven PL players are costing big bucks. We seem to have a two pronged approach at the moment to transfers. In the here and now we are buying PL players who we believe can help us to get Top 4 and secondly highly regarded younger players to slot into the U23 with the hope they progress and make it into the first 11 thus meaning we do not need to spend big on transfers in the future. To me Dave that is sensible, the reality is though in the short term to bridge that gap we have to spend a little obscenely. It is what it is...
We haven't bought a player over 24 this window, apart from Rooney on a free. Koeman wants more legs, energy and quality in the team, but now wants proven premier league experienced players that he can rely on. Hence our interest in siguardsson and giroud.

If this goes through at a crazy £50M, every other Everton target will double in price. Still need a massive wedge for a forward remember.

If we land Gylfi and Giroud, we will be playing CL football next season.

Worth every penny.
tumblr_ni38r9DxJc1qgf1i8o1_400.gif

Hate to do it but that's bookmarked, brotha'...

Is he a 50m player? No

I've no idea what a '£50m player' is these days but he's a very good player, everyone's quoting stats but I live near Swansea these days so if Everton and Swansea don't clash I watch them and Swansea's whole gameplan last season was 'Give it to Siggy' and, despite teams knowing this and closing him down, he kept them up. He'd be a really good addition.

Doing the business early has been the key. Will give them time to come together as a team.

I honestly believe that statement.
People forget that we have Besic, Klassen, Sandro, Lookman, Davies, Kenny, Holgate, Mirallas- you catch my drift. For the first time in a long time we have actual depth in the side. Some of that is luck because of the emergence of our youngsters, but we have brought in plenty of options as well. Giroud/Benteke and Sigurdsson would really put us in contention.

I've no idea what a '£50m player' is these days but he's a very good player, everyone's quoting stats but I live near Swansea these days so if Everton and Swansea don't clash I watch them and Swansea's whole gameplan last season was 'Give it to Siggy' and, despite teams knowing this and closing him down, he kept them up. He'd be a really good addition.
Sound. Fair doos.

But that simply doesn't equate to a 50m player. Someone who 'kept them up'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back