Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see it, unfortunately.

I would love siggy, yeah, but for 30 or under.

If our record signing became siggy for 50m would you really be happy? Really?

He will do no more than barkley and frustrate equally as much if not more

In this market he's worth more than that but I'd see £35m+add-ons at around my limit, at this moment in time he's a far more useful player than Barkley despite my hope that Ross could step up in the future but it looks like he's off.

In this market he's worth more than that but I'd see £35m+add-ons at around my limit, at this moment in time he's a far more useful player than Barkley despite my hope that Ross could step up in the future but it looks like he's off.
Still disagree personally.

In todays market he's worth 30m. For his age, his experience etc. Nothing about him suggests half a world record fee.

At the end of the day.We played hard ball With Stones and Lukaku. You can't blame Swansea for holding out for their best player.We sell Ross for 25 mill,then it's an easier pill to swallow.
I'm certain we will get more than that for Ross

Ok so they way I see it is we are basically going nuts for one season in the market & not caring too much about the prices. Get the players in & push us to where the real money is.
Rather than piddle around the Mosh just wants it done. It's what Koeman signed up for.
As fans we have to accept that a players real value is a hurdle that is simply being dismissed just to get the job done. Not going after players the top top sides want but owning the rest of the market.

Siggy @ £50m is ridiculous but necessary right now in the minds of those who want the job done. In the real market there are better players but they want to play for the Madrid's & Manchester's of this world & not us.
Get in the best we can get & to hell with the price.

He is a much more polished player than Barkley. Why is everyone so fixated on how much he costs. He would improve the team and I will look forward to watching him every week because he has a touch of class that we've been missing since Pienaar left. Not my money so don't really care how much he costs. Think we could be the perfect team for him.
People are upset because he is probably Ross's replacement. Sigurdsson fits Koeman's system better and will help us steal wins with his set-pieces. He will make our team better.

Its like this, right, we are currently minus 10m with regards "cashflow", this isnt a net spend post, its just a what if :

In
Iceland 50m
Giroud 30m
Martina free

80m

Out
McCarthy 25m
Barkley 40m
Niasse 8m

73m

That leaves us with a "cashflow" total of 3m "left".

Still disagree personally.

In todays market he's worth 30m. For his age, his experience etc. Nothing about him suggests half a world record fee.

£30m gets you the likes of Pickford and Keane and, while I hope they prove fantastic signings, their floors are a lot lower than Sigurdsson's. If we pay it it's because we think he's worth it, everyone knows the type of player and character he is by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back