Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get those two our attack has improved full stop.
Saying full stop at the end isn't an argument.

Barkley is better than Sigurdsson.
Lukaku is better than Giroud.
Deulofeu is better than either Rooney or Sandro on the left.

There's more goals, more width and more pace. Plus in 4 years they almost all won't need replaced.

If Europa doesn't kill us, we have a good shot. Luckily for us, we have eleventy billion options and should be able to handle the extra games.

it shouldn't really. All the teams above us are in europe as well, which hasn't really been the case, the last few seasons, you'll always see a team like liverpool take advantage of no european football. As it stands, our squad goes a hell of a lot deeper than theirs, and they still only seem concerned on making massive money signings, instead of doing the sensible thing, like we are and actually build a squad.

Arsenal could well be in a weak position this season, or they could go the other way and enjoy a breather from their customary early CL exit. Surprised to see ozil say he's staying today, but i don't expect sanchez to stay and that will severely hinder them.

Ibrahimovic carried united a lot last season, so i can't see lukaku being so amazing that ibra will be instantly not missed, interesting to see what else they do.

There's more goals, more width and more pace. Plus in 4 years they almost all won't need replaced.

The middle one is correct, nope on the other two. There's also how they fit the system.

Yet we won nowt with those three, funny that.

Love the way you say Geri is better than Rooney AND Sandro.

Breathtaking.

You put the Mu, in mutant.

A decent unit can be better than three individuals.
I think Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu make a more cohesive unit too that all compliment each other.

But i suspect we will play a lot of direct football next season so it will also come down to how they are used.

We've improved vastly, whereas all of the other teams above us? Only arsenal have strengthened imo.

Arsenal could well be in a weak position this season, or they could go the other way and enjoy a breather from their customary early CL exit. Surprised to see ozil say he's staying today, but i don't expect sanchez to stay and that will severely hinder them.

You what? ha

The defence and midfield is better.

Even if we get Giroud and Sigurdsson our attack will be weaker than Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barkley.

It's also very unbalanced with no real wide threat, no pace and no player to beat a man one on one. We may start singing 1-0 to the Everton.

I know Koeman would disagree because I don't think he rated any of those players that highly but that's my opinion.

I would say Sandro, Klaassen, Rooney, Giroud and Siggy would give us many more attacking options than what we had last year. Del was out on loan, and the team were simply playing to Lukaku's strengths.

Ron didn't rate Del (there's a long list of managers who felt the same) - he would have liked to have kept both Rom and Ross but they both wanted out. We got good money for Rom and we will get as much as we can for Ross.

Love the way you say Geri is better than Rooney AND Sandro.

Breathtaking.

You put the Mu, in mutant.
If you prefer Rooney or Sandro.

I also said on the left.

Rooney is too old to play on the left and Sandro is a CF. it will depend how we play but I suspect teams will just defend the 18 yard box and our lack of width and pace will lead to a lot of very boring dull games.

IT'S OUR YEAR!

FFS

gerrard-slip-297x198.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back