Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Sandro, Klaassen, Rooney, Giroud and Siggy would give us many more attacking options than what we had last year. Del was out on loan, and the team were simply playing to Lukaku's strengths.

Ron didn't rate Del (there's a long list of managers who felt the same) - he would have liked to have kept both Rom and Ross but they both wanted out. We got good money for Rom and we will get as much as we can for Ross.
I'm not to sure how much he rates Barkley. He went after Sigurdsson last summer too.

As for Rom. I think he respects what he's good at and tailored the team to suit him but I don't think it was an easy fit hence how dire we were at the start. I think we will see a Koeman team for the first time next season.

Saying full stop at the end isn't an argument.

Barkley is better than Sigurdsson.
Lukaku is better than Giroud.
Deulofeu is better than either Rooney or Sandro on the left.

There's more goals, more width and more pace. Plus in 4 years they almost all won't need replaced.
Hiya mate. I've only been on here about an hour and have read all your posts today.You seem ACE.

Barkley is better than Sigurdsson.

In your opinion - open to debate that one.
Lukaku is better than Giroud.

Again, open to debate that one. As a slotter probably yes. As a footballer, I'm not so sure. Giroud has a much better first touch to start with. He's also much more dangerous in the air when the ball is crossed into the box.
Deulofeu is better than either Rooney or Sandro on the left.

Rooney and Sandro are not wingers. More to the point, Del was spent after 30 minutes. Undoubtedly talented, but doesn't have the energy, fitness or workrate required for the Prem.

I'm not to sure how much he rates Barkley. He went after Sigurdsson last summer too.

As for Rom. I think he respects what he's good at and tailored the team to suit him but I don't think it was an easy fit hence how dire we were at the start. I think we will see a Koeman team for the first time next season.
Dire start ?

You not watch any of our games mate ?....we had a fantastic start.

George K ! ? Do you have a relation on here ?

Yet we won nowt with those three, funny that.
We came very close. Both semi finals and even the Europa could have gone the other way.

But the problem was the defence, midfield and clown of a gk ironically who have all been replaced.

Water under the bridge. I just think we won't be as entertaining next season.

With the World Cup coming up he will most certainly be leaving for first team football somewhere.
We'll sell him and he'll go and win it next summer and whoever gets him sells him to Barca for triple what we get!!!

I'll stay on the record though we should keep him.

Sigurdsson though, nope, nope, nope overpriced and overrated, at these prices quoted.

If you prefer Rooney or Sandro.

I also said on the left.

Rooney is too old to play on the left and Sandro is a CF. it will depend how we play but I suspect teams will just defend the 18 yard box and our lack of width and pace will lead to a lot of very boring dull games.
As I missing something?

In your opinion - open to debate that one.

Again, open to debate that one. As a slotter probably yes. As a footballer, I'm not so sure. Giroud has a much better first touch to start with. He's also much more dangerous in the air when the ball is crossed into the box.

Rooney and Sandro are not wingers. More to the point, Del was spent after 30 minutes. Undoubtedly talented, but doesn't have the energy, fitness or workrate required for the Prem.
The workrate argument is nonsense. We have seen since he left this to be the case. Koeman just didn't rate him. I've no idea why Martinez dropped him but I've heard he was a bit of a messer in training.

I'm not surprised Koeman didn't rate him but it doesn't mean he's a bad footballer and I suspect he will do very well at Barca next year.

Koeman and Martinez are polar opposite types of managers. There were very few of Martinez's players Koeman did rate.

The workrate argument is nonsense. We have seen since he left this to be the case. Koeman just didn't rate him. I've no idea why Martinez dropped him but I've heard he was a bit of a messer in training.

I'm not surprised Koeman didn't rate him but it doesn't mean he's a bad footballer and I suspect he will do very well at Barca next year.

Koeman and Martinez are polar opposite types of managers. There were very few of Martinez's players Koeman did rate.

Read my post again, I said he didn't have the energy, fitness or workrate required for the Prem. Serie-A is a totally different kettle of fish. And if you saw him in the U21 Euros he was still blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes.

And as for your second point - with good reason.

Dire start ?

You not watch any of our games mate ?....we had a fantastic start.

George K ! ? Do you have a relation on here ?
The results were good initially against weak teams but the performances and football were awful. Eventually those performances got th results they deserved. It's only when he changed it by getting Schneiderlin in and putting Davies in the team did it turn around. In the end it was a shame we loaned out Deulofeu because he would have been perfect on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back