Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adversus?

It's not just Geri. It's the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. I think our attack now even if we get our targets is pedestrian, old and one dimensional.

I think Klassen, Schneiderlin and Gueye is a fantastic midfield and we are obviously stronger in defence and GK.

Ok mate, im sorry to say I do not share your footballing views, so im going to pop you on ignore, hope you enjoy your brief time on the forum and I will look forward to hunting you again in the near future.

Not all teams play like Spurs and Liverpool in the premier league.

Granted I can see the argument if he wants to play like that but if you think Giroud, Rooney, Sandro and Sigurdsson will put more effort in than the 3 we sold then I would be surprised so the point isn't relevant.
Are you on crack? It's like night and day between that crowd. There's just no way you've seen Sigurdsson play. No chance. None.

you disagree? elaborate?

You said (paraphrasing) -
"Of the teams above us only arsenal have improved", then said -
"Arsenal could be weak this season" and "Sanchez will go and they'll be hindered by that".
So, decide which one it is and I'll elaborate on my (dis)agreement.

You said (paraphrasing) -
"Of the teams above us only arsenal have improved", then said -
"Arsenal could be weak this season" and "Sanchez will go and they'll be hindered by that".
So, decide which one it is and I'll elaborate on my (dis)agreement.

as in so far, arsenal are the only team imo that have actually improved from their squad of last season, but yet i think at the end of the window they'll actually be worse off compared to how they finished last season, mainly because they will have sold their talisman. I think they'd be a lot more lost without sanchez than we will without lukaku for example.

as in so far, arsenal are the only team imo that have actually improved from their squad of last season, but yet i think at the end of the window they'll actually be worse off compared to how they finished last season, mainly because they will have sold their talisman. I think they'd be a lot more lost without sanchez than we will without lukaku for example.

You wouldn't say United has improved?

Ok mate, im sorry to say I do not share your footballing views, so im going to pop you on ignore, hope you enjoy your brief time on the forum and I will look forward to hunting you again in the near future.

what took you so long? i think georgie boy had only posted about 3 times before he went on my ignore list ha

You wouldn't say United has improved?

jury's out tbh. I wasn't expecting zlatan to be as big of a success as he was coming over here, but he literally carried them all season long. It wasn't the amount of goals he scored, it just seemed to be every time he did, it would win them a point or all 3. But it was more than just the goals, i think his mentality seemed to gee united on late in games, even in those where they got massively frustrated.
Undoubtedly i think lukaku will score more, but does he have the personality to grab that team by the scruff of the neck like zlatan did when they needed it the most, to bring them victories in the big games? Nah, i don't think he's there yet as a footballer.

The centre back? Who knows? For years they've spunk massive amounts on centre backs, young ones like smalling, jones, rojo, bailly, i just don't understand why they don't just go out and buy a fully developed centre back.

jury's out tbh. I wasn't expecting zlatan to be as big of a success as he was coming over here, but he literally carried them all season long. It wasn't the amount of goals he scored, it just seemed to be every time he did, it would win them a point or all 3. But it was more than just the goals, i think his mentality seemed to gee united on late in games, even in those where they got massively frustrated.
Undoubtedly i think lukaku will score more, but does he have the personality to grab that team by the scruff of the neck like zlatan did when they needed it the most, to bring them victories in the big games? Nah, i don't think he's there yet as a footballer.

The centre back? Who knows? For years they've spunk massive amounts on centre backs, young ones like smalling, jones, rojo, bailly, i just don't understand why they don't just go out and buy a fully developed centre back.

This is getting wildly off topic, but my gut feeling about Giroud is he'd have a similar impact.

Are you on crack? It's like night and day between that crowd. There's just no way you've seen Sigurdsson play. No chance. None.
Why are you focussed on one player? I said our attack would be weaker. Can you really see Giroud and Rooney chasing everything down in the twilight of their careers. Sandro is an unknown but looks an out and out CF to me and Sigurdsson isn't exactly the most mobile of players.

I just don't think their ability to press will be that relevant but what is relevant is we lack goals, pace and someone with the ability to take a player on.

For me that makes our attack weaker but you are free to disagree. I think overall we are probably stronger.

This is getting wildly off topic, but my gut feeling about Giroud is he'd have a similar impact.

he's actually won something (well, okay, something noteworthy as lukaku has won a belgian league). I think we've done brilliantly in bringing in a fair few captains this summer because our options of leaders last season, and has been for years, utterly shambolic and is the catalyst for explaining why our record in big away games is so shocking. But we also need to be bringing in players who've had their fair share of silverware as well. This is why i don't like shouts about dembele or dolberg. Yeah, maybe as a backup with years to learn, but they don't have vast experience of leading a line.

Siggurdsson is another leader, yes okay, he hasn't really won much in his career, but he's still a leader again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back